Topic: Deaf Pirates

Directory Link

Deaf Pirates

Movie

It's actually because I added no sound. This was my first ever animation, and I forgot quite a few things.
1. More frames.
2. Tape down baseplates.
3. Macro.
And much more I need to learn.

KEEP IN MIND THERE IS NO STORY OR PLOT. It was a series of tests.

Last edited by Specever (July 15, 2010 (07:53pm))

Re: Deaf Pirates

Well, first off, welcome to Bricks In Motion! I'm very glad that you know that you have some things that you can work on. I see a lot of beginners that think they're the best people ever and hate anyone who tells them otherwise.

The film itself was okay for a beginner (my very, very first one, which is not on YouTube, was much worse than yours). It seemed like the two biggest things you need to work on is the macro focus and the framerate. I don't really need to tell you about the macro focus, because you already know you have to change it. But you should make your movie at least 12 frames per second (fps). I find that even 12 looks a bit jerky, so I try to stay at 15 or higher.

And the rest you already mentioned. There are a few things other than this, but it's more fine-tuning stuff for once you've gotten the hang of animation. Great job for a first though! It wasn't half bad, and I think you'll go a long way.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

Re: Deaf Pirates

BGanimations wrote:

Well, first off, welcome to Bricks In Motion! I'm very glad that you know that you have some things that you can work on. I see a lot of beginners that think they're the best people ever and hate anyone who tells them otherwise.

The film itself was okay for a beginner (my very, very first one, which is not on YouTube, was much worse than yours). It seemed like the two biggest things you need to work on is the macro focus and the framerate. I don't really need to tell you about the macro focus, because you already know you have to change it. But you should make your movie at least 12 frames per second (fps). I find that even 12 looks a bit jerky, so I try to stay at 15 or higher.

And the rest you already mentioned. There are a few things other than this, but it's more fine-tuning stuff for once you've gotten the hang of animation. Great job for a first though! It wasn't half bad, and I think you'll go a long way.

Oh yeah, the FPS.
Well, I've gathered all these good programs that will help me with my next one (which I guarantee will be better) I recently did one, but again, I forgot to tape down the baseplate, and there was no macro because it was my webcam. I'm going to use:
Audacity
CineGob's Keyer
Monkeyjam

Thanks for the feedback! It's really good to hear. Back then, I had no tutorials, so I'll make it look a lot better now mini/tongue