Topic: Lego Movie Update

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=32885

looks like itll be stop motion after all!

Re: Lego Movie Update

I think i've just died and gone to heaven!!!!!

This has to be one of my favorite entertainment quotes:

Something like if Michael Bay kidnapped Henry Selick to make a movie for him.

Our goal was to make it look like a super-charged stop-motion

Now, does that mean it will be stop motion, or their animation is going to look like stop motions.

I LURK MORE THAN I POST]

i HOPE its cg. that way we can make the first lego stop motion feature.

just imagine the celebrity voices!

I'm actually hoping that it WILL be stop-motion. And after reading over that I'm thinking it will be. The editor compairs it to Michael Bay making a movie with Henry Selick, who if you didn't know has been a stop-motion animator for most of his life. He directed Coraline, produced Nightmare Before Christmas and many others. And to add to that, the quote that LBS pulled leans towards it being stop-motion.

However, the key thing(s) I think that causes it to lean towards being CGI is that Phil Lord will be directing it, and that, this day in age companies aren't making stop-motion films as much as they used to, besides soul stop-motion companies like Aardman.

I think it would be awesome if they hired some of the guys on this site to do some of the animation.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

If they were to hire people I'm sure they would first go to Spite Your Face or other small-ish animation studios. It would be quite cool to have people here hired for the film.

Do we know if Pagono is involved? mini/shifty

I bet my kidney that he has a chance of animating some of it.

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.
||YouTube||BrickShelf||Vimeo|

It's CG. Looks like you just lost a kidney.

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Why can they not recognize the beauty of stop motion animation?
If they hired some of "us" from BiM they could make a pretty good brickfilm...

skwizitanee wrote:

If they hired some of "us" from BiM they could make a pretty good brickfilm...

Except it probably wouldn't have been finished. That's how pretty much all Community Projects end up.

I dislike the fact that its true Bert. WHY DOES NOBODY FINISH ANYTHING ANYMORE!!! mini/sad

I do not care about your opinion, unless it has to do with it needing more ponies.

SmallTimeProductions wrote:

It's CG. Looks like you just lost a kidney.

At this point, I'm not sure of either. Would you mind linking us to your sources?

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

The man in charge of the project is CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS director Phil Lord

Sooooo? mini/confused

He made some CG films. Doesn't mean he is making this one CG. We'll just have to see...

^^ BUT,

Something like if Michael Bay kidnapped Henry Selick to make a movie for him.

And Henry Selick is a stop-motion animator. So it's still a 50/50 chance either way.

Honestly I am leaning toward CG, for two reasons:
1)It's directed by Phil Lord.
2)No major companies use stop-motion to make movie as much anymore, it's all generally CG.

All we can really do is just wait though.

I'd personally love to see more stop-motion films out there. CG has gotten very over-used in the past decade or so.

-JK

Just Kidden wrote:

I'd personally love to see more stop-motion films out there. CG has gotten very over-used in the past decade or so.

-JK

As it should be, in a way. With advances in technology, studios can make better looking CGI. Now that computers have advanced to do what they do, stop-motion animation is out of date. The reason stop-motion animation was created, was to be able to add SFX in films, the same thing we do today with CGI. Now that computers can do all of that, there is no reason to invest in stop-motion, especially because it's expensive.

Stop-motion today is more of a novelty. It's used when you want to create a surreal environment, to have an animated look while still look "real".

Gah. If kids can do it for relatively cheap, why not big-wig animation companies? mini/tongue

But yeah, I see your point. It's a shame, IMO.

-JK