Topic: The Chat Link

I didn't want to post this as a new topic because it is a part of the closing of the coffee shop,  but my voice was ignored in that thread.
The movement of the chat link is a bad choice, having it at the top of the page on every forum page is so much easier than having to go back to the forum index and scroll down to it.  I think its purpose is not to be in the community section, as it isn't actually a forum. This is just my opinion, but I have seen others express the same opinion.  If people seem to like the new placement better, than I am fine with that.

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl

Re: The Chat Link

What is so hard about scrolling down the index page? :S It's fine where it is.

Is it really that much of an inconvenience? I think it's fine where it is.

I can't use it so, I don't really care about where it is.

If it's so much trouble just bookmark the link.

What Aled Owen said is certainly a viable option -- however, the reason I moved it was because 1) it was small and I know that a lot of people didn't even realize it existed and 2) it was tempting for spammers who weren't even registered to just click it and join to cause problems, a problem we'd had a lot lately.  The current link is only available if you're logged in.  I'm guessing the lack of familiarity with the new location is why some people have an issue with it, I'm open to discussion about this though.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

ahh, Smeogol, That makes sense, I just liked being able to enter it from any page in the forums, and It isn't actually a forum, so it might confuse new members, But I can get used to it where it is.

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl