Topic: A semester in the life of a garbage bag

I am thinking of making a brickfilm version ofmy favorite book: A Semester in The Life of a Garbage Bag by Gordon Korman. I might have to get permission from the Publisher and Gordon Korman to make it if I do.

I'm not sure if I should or not because it would take a LOT of voice actors and a REALLY long time for animation. The finished product would probably be maybe just maybe 45min-1 hour. I might make this next year after I improve everything in my animating.

Description (I'll add more later)
When luckless Raymond Jardine becomes Sean Delancey's eleventh-grade-English project partner, he persuades Sean's grandfather to pose as a long-deceased, obscure Canadian poet, in an effort to pass the course and win a vacation to a luxurious Greek island.

Cover
http://i42.tinypic.com/oab0h1.jpg
My cover
http://i39.tinypic.com/mv13pu.jpg

Re: A semester in the life of a garbage bag

I can't really comment on the story (or whether it's suitable for SMA) as I haven't read it, but getting permission is indeed the first thing you should do (the filmrights could well already have been sold).

Your adaptation of the titlescreen is good, although the quality of the picture could be better (only the minifigs waist is in focus, while both his face and hands should be, as they are the key elements.

Good luck with this ambitious project.

-PG

Version 1 of the the screenplay for episode 2 of The Stunt is finishised, and I really, really] await your critique!

I LOVED that book. But I wouldn't even think of trying to make a film out of it. Not only will it be next to impossible to get the proper permissions, but the odds against completing a project that size are astronomical. Sorry to be such a spoilsport, but I'd advise against animating any more than a select scene or two.

EDIT: Didn't they destroy some experimental power system or something on the roof at the end? It's been a good ten years since I read it...

Last edited by Noodle (January 24, 2009 (12:26am))

With all due respect Noodle, I don't want you here. - Ratboy Productions

EDIT: Didn't they destroy some experimental power system or something on the roof at the end? It's been a good ten years since I read it...

Yes they do destroy SACGEN. And I might animate only few scenes.

Last edited by MooCJ (January 24, 2009 (01:57pm))