Topic: Build the Set Challenge

BUILD THE SET CHALLENGE 

Hello everyone! I am starting a challenge which requires you to build a set using LEGO and/or Megablocks to fit a specific theme. Examples of themes are space, western, pirate, etc. Now here are the rules:

I. The set must contain LEGO pieces. If you choose to throw in some Megablocks, that's good, as long
as you still have LEGO in the set.

II. The set must be your exact design. Copying is not allowed. You're not allowed to rip-off somebody's design
from MOC Pages or Flickr. If your throwing in some techniques for detail you saw on another website, give credit
to the person, and if there is no specific person, then the website itself.

III. Minifigures to go along with the set are NOT required. It could be a set without a minifigure, however figures
do give the set a bit more flare. mini/wink

IV. There is one judge for every theme. The theme lasts for THREE DAYS. After that the judge must choose the winners
and etc. If the judge does not choose within the 3rd day, give him/her one more day, and if they still don't judge, then
anybody is allowed to take a crack at it. mini/smile

V. Finally, the theme must not be a movie specific theme. Like no 'Indiana Jones' or 'Star Wars'.

Now that those rules have been made crystal clear. Let me choose the first theme... does it involve ducks...planes...

The Theme Is:  Horror mini/mrgreen 

(Examples for Horror: Haunted House, Dungeon, etc.)

Last edited by KinzCove (June 14, 2010 (02:45pm))

Re: Build the Set Challenge

Rip off. Jus' saying.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/SpeedyGonZohan/GIMPStuff/SignaturesBiM/match.png

I'm aware, it's just the thread wasn't clear enough, or organized/spelled good enough to come across clear, and in my opinion, I don't think that thread would've gone too far.

Hey Kinz, wanna start the challenge back up again?
I'm willing to make an entry.
If you start this back up...
Especially since you just tried to shoot that new Build The Set Challenge thread down.

-Olaf

How do you show horror through a set? If the theme changes, I'll enter, but I don't want to do horror.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

K, theme suggestions?

War, Western, Space, Victorian, Sci-fi, kitchen, top of mountain, final showdown, ancient village, office, sport. There's loads to choose from. You choose, or think of your own.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Hmm. Fancy Library anyone?

Sure. I'll try and enter soon.

Finally a place to put my models

What's the point of making brick models if your little brother destroys them?

Okay, so the new theme is: Fancy Library.
Add some classy stuff to your library. Statues, chrome bricks, and maybe some couches. mini/smile

I might enter. Though this challenge ain't my style, I liked horror, but I guess it doesn't appeal to everyone, which is fair enough.

'look like it was shot at 2 FPS by a blindfolded five year old boy with broken fingers and no thumbs.' -PushOver
I'll be back animating soon! Exams and computer faults are keeping me away </3

Drifter (THAC 11) - Here

Any prizes, or is it the warm fuzzy feeling of winning everyone that we get if we win? mini/yes

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile

You get my leg if you win, happy? mini/bigsmile

DerTarchin wrote:

Any prizes, or is it the warm fuzzy feeling of winning everyone that we get if we win? mini/yes

Kinzcove wrote:

Sounds like you do get a warm fuzzy feeling.  You get Fozzie Bear's leg mini/tongue

Kinzcove wrote:

You gotta deal! mini/tongue

Brickfilmer a decade ago, now looking to relive the glory days mini/smile