Re: LEGO Cannes Film Comp

I found a YouTube Channel AFOLtv the other day which you may find interesting.

You can’t have manslaughter without the laughter!

Fancy Pants & Bodville entries were really good but what happended to Smeagol's and Fallen Tomatoes?
Did they get posted somewhere and I just missed them?

I'm still kind of waiting on official confirmation that I'm not a runner-up.  Seems unlikely but they haven't publicly announced them, and I was shortlisted.  Anyway I'm not supposed to post mine until a week from now, going by the rules.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

A wise move. Looks like David Pickett's (Fallen Tomatoe) was good enough.

Runners up at bottom of page

Is there a way to see these entries?

My Blog]       Flickr]        Twitter]        YouTube]
"Eh" - Bertl

I don't think so, probably just the winning ones.  I'm sure Pickett will post his eventually, I did manage to see it and it was kind of neat.

Mofilm contacted me after I submitted my entry saying they loved it and wanted me to make an additional, shortened version of it, but I guess LEGO made the ultimate decisions on winners.  Oh well, I kind of go into these big contests with the assumption that I won't agree with their choices, I remember the Heinz commercial contest having some pretty iffy winning entries.  Not to say that there weren't some good (i.e. better than mine) entries among the winners, too.

As per the contract stuff, I'll wait until after the allotted time to post my video on YouTube.  I'm going to be out of town soon, though, so I probably won't be able to post until July 20 or so.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I totally missed this thread while it was actually active. Oops! mini/dizzy  As I'm sure most of you know by know I entered Metamorphosis into this contest. I busted my butt off to finish it in time and was really hoping I would place. MoFilm also contacted me and asked me to create a second version of the video which got my hopes up. Since I'm a runner-up I will be getting a camera of some sort which is nice. I waited to post this until July 20th so I could enter it in Avant-Garde, but it was killing me not being able to share this earlier. That why I posted it right after midnight on the 20th.
Of all the entries that didn't get picked this is my favorite. It really saddens me that they picked some of the least imaginative entries to be the winners. I was hoping that LEGO of all companies would recognize creativity.