Topic: Super Bus Driver (Get On Board)

Directory Link

Super Bus Driver (Get On Board)

Youtube

The kidz are late for school! Will Super Bus Driver come to the rescue? Yeah, he will. Just watch it.

This was made for a contest being held in my province. I did not place, but I'm proud of what came out of the contest. I animated this about more than a month ago.

Re: Super Bus Driver (Get On Board)

I like the bus!

That was pretty awesome. The ground staying still bugged me a bit, but top marks for creativity.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

I love the bus design. The animation was almost flawless, IMO.
"NOT TODAY."

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Thanks for the reviews so far, guys. I wasn't sure if you'd enjoy it so much. mini/smile

I liked it a lot! A few things that could have been done better. Instead of showing the wheels when using the stay-in-place bus movement you could have showed only above the wheels so it would have seemed like it was moving a bit more livelier. The lighting was a bit plain but for this type of film it was fine. Also the kids seemed kind of dull yyyaaaaayyyy mini/tongue but I guess that may have been intentional. 4.9/5 mini/lol

That was beautiful! mini/love The animation, the storyline, the bus, ... EVERYTHING!!! mini/bigsmile  Absolutely amazing! mini/delirium Five stars!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/BuilderBrothers/signatures/thac14sig.png

Amazing storyline and creativity! The moving background though didn't give the bus
the illusion of movement.

HomerBall wrote:

Amazing storyline and creativity! The moving background though didn't give the bus
the illusion of movement.

This quote will explain:

Hazzat wrote:

I made this for school, so I could get away with a few technical flaws.

I just figured that moving the background would be easiest thing to do, although I could have moved the baseplate a little, but it would have probably cause more technical flaws. mini/wink

Thanks for the reviews everyone, glad you're enjoying this film.

Your films always make me chuckle.  Well done again. mini/bigsmile

I loved it, especially the piano when they're "going to hit that bridge!". That made me laugh. However, I think that the bus goes a bit too slow, but that isn't a problem.

"Get on kids!"
"yaaaaaaay."
mini/XD

One of the funniest Brickfilms, perhaps ever. I loved the cheesy effect you gave, and the voice acting was also impeccable, as were most aspects of this film. A fantastic 82/100!

PunBB

That yay sounds like the Borg!

HQuiff wrote:

One of the funniest Brickfilms, perhaps ever. I loved the cheesy effect you gave, and the voice acting was also impeccable, as were most aspects of this film. A fantastic 82/100!

Thanks! I never intended it to be humorous, just a little, and I didn't think the voice acting was too great, with it just being me mini/tongue I did go for the cheesy effects in this film, also.

Thanks for the reviews, everyone! Keep them coming! mini/smile

I've been waiting for ages, and now it's here, I can only say one thing:
Sequel?

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/bluebrickstudios/Sigs/rs_sig.png

This is awesome. An awesome premise, awesome animation...you are a genius!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ZoefDeHaas/stuff/sig1.png
"Nothing goes down 'less I'm involved. No nuggets. No onion rings. No nothin'. A cheeseburger gets sold in the park, I want in! You got fat while we starved on the streets...now it's my turn!" -Harley Morenstein

Well it seems my review is disliked by many, so I am removing it. Sorry if I offended you MooCJ, I didn't mean harm.

Last edited by Scypax (May 15, 2010 (11:10am))

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

I understand that you made this for school, so I am not going to be too hard on it. But with the horrible transitions, poor music choice, and your uncanny ability to blow into the mic with almost every line, I feel you could of done much better.

My gosh I don't want to see you when your harsh.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Chuppa/Signatures/sig1.png

ScypaxPictures wrote:

...I understand that brickfilms have a right not to make sense or not to follow basic rules. In fact, they have a right to almost everything. But sadly their rights stop with your latest work.

How? How does mine almost break rules in the brickfilming world? It's a simple story of kids needing to get to school, that was put together in desperation to enter a contest where I knew it would not be reviewed by video "professionals" like yourself, I could get away with a few flaws, and knew they would be picked up by the BiM audience.
I'm not saying you don't have the right not to enjoy the film; you have every right to, and I respect you for standing up and writing an in-depth review about your thoughts on each aspect.

While the animation in this short was very good, I felt it to be extremely rushed. I understand that you made this for school, so I am not going to be too hard on it. But with the horrible transitions, poor music choice, and your uncanny ability to blow into the mic with almost every line, I feel you could of done much better. Even from the very start I could tell something was wrong. On my first viewing I was hoping for it to come out with at least one thing to make up for all of the mistakes. At least one really funny part, or anything that would give a "neat" impact. But I guess I was expecting too much, because by time the end came I was horribly disappointed.

The whole thing was done in 2 days before the deadline, so I think what I accomplished was fairly decent. Just so you know, the music couldn't be copyrighted, so I needed something quick and whipped up a short loop in GarageBand. I also fully agree with you though, on the music. It could have definitely been better. The scenes were also very spliced together, due to lack of time to edit properly.
I'm glad you picked up on my talent of blowing into the mic, I've been working on that recently.[/sarcasm]

The whole thing was just too corny for me. I thought that would be impossible, since it is a brickfilm, but it reminded me of one of my really old, crappy videos, just with improved animation. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if you told me you only produced and acted in this film while you let your little brother direct it.

I don't have a little brother.

I do, however, feel that this could of been your new masterpiece. With just more smoother transitions, no random dude with a really bad British accent, better voice acting, better screenplay, better editing,  better effects,  and better music choices, this could of been pretty epic. I don't know if your aim was to make a really crappy corny video, but if it was, you hit the 10 ring. No doubt about it.

Yes, because I try to make crappy videos.

There were some positive things in this nevertheless. As I said, the animation, for the most part, was well-done. I did enjoy how the bus was lifted into the air, and I also liked the general idea/story. The sets were also pretty neat. I also really liked the angle you did with the bus crashing into the school.

I appreciate your comments, just like everyone else's. Thanks.

...it wouldn't hurt someone to spend two minutes of their life on it...

That right there, hurts. I know it's definitely not at all my best film and I'm not completely fond of it. I could have done better if I had more time.

I can see it still being rather enjoyable to people, I mean, most of the members here seem to like it. I guess it just wasn't my cup of tea. And I'm just being honest here, I didn't mean to bash or anything.

I respect your honesty. I, personally, am not a huge fan of this film, either. I knew from the start it would be a corny video, so I emphasized it in an attempt to humour the audience. thanks for your review, it is appreciated. I am now sort of determined to try to blow your socks off on my next film. mini/smile

Also, this review kind of reminded me of Angry Video Game Nerd's reviews of games. I kind of chuckled at the review when I saw this. mini/wink