Topic: Cycle

Directory Link

Cycle

YouTube
YouTube HD (Recommended)

A horror film. This is my first Splash Saturday video. I really hope that you all enjoyed this. It doesn't exactly make sense, because it's a faster version of a story that needs more explaining.

The full explanation:
The reason it's called cycle, is because the man who has entered the realm has ruined a cycle. When the realm is entered, the cycle must be observed. If the cycle is carried on successfully, the enterer shall survive. The scottish man died because he hadn't followed the cycle of the enterer before him, and the reason that the main character says "I am going to die" at the end is because he has realised what happened. The enterer who appears at the end has to do what the main character in this did to survive, which means the main character has to do what the enterer before him had to do, which would mean he would die. The cycle would carry on, and everyone who entered the realm would be forced to death.

Of course, this may have made you even MORE confused. If so, please click this link.

Last edited by Splash (May 8, 2010 (02:24pm))

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Re: Cycle

Yeah, I was slightly confused. I'm interested in hearing the full story.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.  - Berthold Auerbach

OK, the first post is edited with the idea behind it.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

I liked this video. It had a good plot but.... you have some serious pacing problems that you need to work on, the video went by too fast for a person to remember it very well. Make the scenes a bit slower by adding more context behind it. Also the voice acting in this one was a bit meh. The screams were artificial and the movement while talking made it seem fast. Sorry if it sounds like I'm killing your film here but I just wanted to point out some flaws in it. This was a good story all in all and I see a whole lot of potential in more serious brickfilms mini/wink

-Tejas VIM

If you're going going to tell a deep story, you really should make a film long enough to tell it.

It was a nice attempt, but there were a lot of drawbacks. The lighting in the first half was very bland - there was no atmosphere set up at all. The voice acting made me cringe, because whispershouting is horrible. You have to commit!

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png