Topic: "rec"

So, I was wondering if there was any special effect (I use Sony Vegas: Plat) that I could use to get that red "recording" box and "rec" with a dot, the kinda thing you see on home videos or what not.

I was hoping there was some way to do this beside diting every picture.

Summary: effect that makes it seem your watching a camera screen.

I LURK MORE THAN I POST]

Re: "rec"

make a picture in illustrator that looks like it and overlay the picture.
I'm sure vegas can do that.  mini/shifty

Mkay.
I haven't been using vegas long, So  don't know all of the technical stuff yet (Upgraded straight from WMM >_<)

I LURK MORE THAN I POST]

Just plonk it on the track above your footage. Make sure it's a transparent PNG though.

Dog

http://i.imgur.com/Vghri.png
I'm back. Possibly.

This website has a few nice tuts on vegas, maybe you can request some?

Use a program such as Photoshop/The GIMP/Paint.net/etc. to create the recording box/graphics. Save it as a transparent PNG file. Then, in Vegas, import it and overlay it on top of of your footage. Voila.

MindGame wrote:

Use a program such as Photoshop/The GIMP/Paint.net/etc. to create the recording box/graphics. Save it as a transparent PNG file. Then, in Vegas, import it and overlay it on top of of your footage. Voila.

So thats how you made social experiment!

How do you make transparent PNG?
I would Chroma Key the color or something.

- LL

YouTube | Vimeo

SLEEP IS AN IRRESISTIBLE FORCE - BrickLord

if you do it in the GIMP follow this,
go to layer/ transparency/ add alpha channel, then use the rubber to rub out the back ground. Now you will have a transparent background (it should look like grey and black squares). then add your 'rec' and the red dot on top. then save it as a PNG file.

Edit: Make shore you make it to the same dimensions as your film other wise you could end up with a stretched picture.

Last edited by TDogg186 (May 3, 2010 (06:15am))

VIMStudios wrote:
MindGame wrote:

So thats how you made social experiment!

Well, actually, for Social Experiment, I did everything in After Effects. This it just a cheaper alternative.

Hey guys, thanks. It worked, and i'm now more aquainted with Sony Vegas mini/XD

I LURK MORE THAN I POST]