Re: Favorite Films of 2008

TDK, Ironman, Wall-E and others

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

EmmaExecute wrote:

CAMP ROCK!! mini/tongue

-EmmaExecute

mini/eek

DanimationMovies wrote:
EmmaExecute wrote:

CAMP ROCK!! mini/tongue

-EmmaExecute

mini/eek

ive seen it more than 8 times, and it still gets awesomer every single time I watch it mini/bigsmile

-EmmaExecute

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll119/emma_execution/siggy.png
^Click to watch

EmmaExecute wrote:

ive seen it more than 8 times,

I'm so sorry...

I haven't seen a lot of movies from this year, but the ones I have seen were pretty good. Of them, these are probably the best:

-The Dark Knight
-Iron Man
-Milk
-Slumdog Millionaire
-Tropic Thunder
-WALL-E

I still have plans to see Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Revolutionary Road, The Wrestler, and maybe a few others.

And I thought Burn After Reading was pretty good.

Last edited by MindGame (January 17, 2009 (10:21pm))

Lots, and lots of films this year:

Doubt I think is my favorite, along with Wall-E
Iron Man
Tropic Thunder
Benjamin Button
Gran Torino
The Dark Knight was nice
I also enjoyed Burn After Reading
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was entertaining

As well as some others.

Last edited by ImperialScouts (January 18, 2009 (03:12pm))

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3275/3140557244_9e281a778c_o.jpg

I haven't seen a great deal of films from '08. However, some of my favorites include:

The Dark Knight
Iron Man
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Wanted

Oh, and Burn After Reading. I didn't see it, but I read a really smashing review.

Films I want to see:

Zack and Miri Make a !@#$%, Tropic Thunder, WALL-E, Slumdog Millionaire, and some others ...

Smoking marijuana, eating Cheez Doodles, and masterfully debating do not constitute 'plans' in my book - Walter 'Heisenberg' White

Speed Racer was obviously the best out of the bunch.

The Dark Knight
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
(haven't seen The curious case of Bengirman Button yet, but I'm sure when I do, it'll be one of my favorites too)

I can't think of anything else, I didn't really see a lot of movies last year.

The Dark Knight - Probably one of my favorite films of all time.
Get Smart
Wall-E

Life is like a box of LEGO, you never know what you're gonna build. - mrgraff

In no particular order:

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
The Dark Knight
Wall-E
CSNY: Deja Vu
Vikaren

I am seeing Benjamin Button tomorrow and Slumdog Millionaire next week. I can't wait! mini/bigsmile

My top 5 of 2008 are

1. Iron Man
2. Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
3. Zack & Miri Make a !@#$%
4. Forgetting Sarah Marshall
5. The Wrestler

In 1992, Ken Mortimer was an advertising executive in Baltimore, Maryland. Then, for reasons known only to him, he left his wife and career, and moved deep into the forest.

In order of importance:

WALL-E

I'd say: Wall-E
            The Dark Knight (urghh...)
            Tropic Thunder.

I should go more often to the theatre.

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Waltz with Bashir
Ballast
Wall-E

I'm still waiting to see a whole bunch of movies, some of which don't come out here until May: The Wrestler, Che, Rachel Getting Married, Doubt, Frost/Nixon, Slumdog Millionaire, etc.

I may actually see "The Wrestler". Its the first movie I have ever seen that has got 5 stars in the Radio Times.

The Radio Times NEVER gives 5 stars....so this must be like a masterpeice or something.

Small Time wrote:

Burn After Reading is probably the worst film I've ever seen.

I can think of worse. It should have been called "Burn After Watching", but "The Clone Wars", "Batman and Robin" - and "Of Mice and Men" (Ok, technically it was a TV series, but its still bad) are definitely worse.

I didnt really like Wall-E. It created great emotional attachments to the robot, but maybe a little too much. Compared to other Pixar movies, there was no replay value in it. With other movies, I notice something different every time, but this movie just was not the case.

-MRB

Last edited by Max Butcher (January 19, 2009 (09:43am))

YouTube
Max, She/They

Max Butcher wrote:
Small Time wrote:

Burn After Reading is probably the worst film I've ever seen.

I can think of worse. It should have been called "Burn After Watching", but "The Clone Wars", "Batman and Robin" - and "Of Mice and Men" (Ok, technically it was a TV series, but its still bad) are definitely worse.

But have you seen them?

I didnt really like Wall-E. It created great emotional attachments to the robot, but maybe a little too much. Compared to other Pixar movies, there was no replay value in it. With other movies, I notice something different every time, but this movie just was not the case.

-MRB

I highly disagree. I've watched it many times.

I think I'm going to watch Batman and Robin on the internet just to say I've seen a film worse than Burn After Reading mini/tongue

SmallTimeProductions wrote:

I think I'm going to watch Batman and Robin

Don't do that to yourself man mini/eek

-Darkman

https://i.imgur.com/C9qJKA8.jpg
youtube]                   Twitter]

Max Butcher wrote:

Watch it for the great beginning, then. Most definitely the best first 30 minutes in a Pixar film, ever. I disagree with you about the re-watch value though. I have to keep myself from watching it so many times, so I've told myself I can't watch it again until I get and watch Ratatouille.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Darkman wrote:
SmallTimeProductions wrote:

I think I'm going to watch Batman and Robin

Don't do that to yourself man mini/eek

-Darkman

Don't worry, I didn't look very hard, but I can't find it.