Topic: Animating Several of the same Minifigs

ok this is kinda what smeagol did in bane of the smith (he only used 1 minifig. but cropped it so that it looked like 3 different minifigs.)
my question is. how can i do the same thing. while animating each of them. and too make it more complicated. having the camera move.
Im sure i could work it out in my head. Just wondering if anyone could offer a different perspective

B.I.B.L.E                                                                                       Time is the Greatest Teacher Unfortunately He Kills All Of His Students
Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth

Re: Animating Several of the same Minifigs

Do you make awkward films?

Happy THACing mini/sunnies

For each frame in your final film, you will have to take three frames with the minifig at different positions. Then in post-production (after animating), you blend each three frames together.

BertL wrote:

For each frame in your final film, you will have to take three frames with the minifig at different positions. Then in post-production (after animating), you blend each three frames together.

ahh Thats a good idea. see. i was thinking more of. animate one minifig for the entire sequence. and do the same thing. (same proccess really)
but i guess this would be easier to keep track of in Post-production.
just wondering is there any Technique that would enable me to 'mask' the video frames all at once very quickley (i know what masking really means btw)

i have sony vegas 9.0
axagon

goldenbrick wrote:

Do you make awkward films?

ha. i could imagine i will. much like Kassemg(s) films on youtube. featured as "awkward Moments"
although my Production company's name was chosen as more of a catch phrase of mine. "thats awkward" i simply just modified it a little bit.

B.I.B.L.E                                                                                       Time is the Greatest Teacher Unfortunately He Kills All Of His Students
Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth