Topic: [Release] The Calculator Narrative

I put release in front of the title.  I don't know if one is supposed to do that here, but I did anyway.
As most all students know, math class is extremely boring.  So one day while being bored by math class, I came up with this idea to find all of the words that you can spell with a calculator.  For example, if you typed in 0.7734 and then turned the calculator upside down, you would get HELLO.  I got quite a few, and found even more on the internet, but then I got the idea to make a film about it.  More than just about it, but with it.  So, I came up with this story.  The story probably isn't the best (and certainly doesn't have the best grammar), but it was my first experience with constricted writing.  Or perhaps more accurately, constricted language.  (All I can say about that is that constricted writing is addicting and fun, I got the idea from 'A Void' by Georges Perec, published in 1969.  The whole book has no e's.:o)
As far as I know, this is the first video that is told by an upside down calculator.  Originally, I had planned to have a voice speaking the words as they appear, but I don't have a very good microphone (since rectified) or a good voice for narration.  (In spite of how many times I'm cast as one, a narrator that is.) 
So take this for whatever it's worth.  At the least, it's interesting.  However many meanings interesting can have...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xnCtYfA … annel_page

I also might note that Ohio is the only state that can be spelled upside down on a calculator.

Last edited by dbrauer43 (January 14, 2009 (04:03pm))

Der Polizist verkauft dem Weihnachtsmann Fahrräder.