Topic: Michael jackson thriller remake

Hello, I know i'm new and you're probably thinking "Oh yeah this'll be some low grade 2 fps film thats grainy bumpy and mis colored sets"
Well. You're wrong.. I've been dabbling in lego stop animation since 2005 ive just never did official work. I recently won 1500 dollars in an application contest for my carrier "Cellular south" The "You dream it we build it contest" And i won alot of stuff including money...
Well...   I've never been a good decision maker you can put two products infront of my face and i can sit there for days deciding..

So ive had this money since last year and no idea what to do with it ive always loved lego stop animation and i want to make some awesomely detailed project but i can never really get the idea off the ground because i run into script roadblocks... Michael jackson's thriller *Im a HUGE MJ fan* is an amazing peice of work that up to today has already gotten 73 million views on youtube..

Plus everyone knows it and everybody that knows it parents knows the dance mini/tongue or you may mini/tongue.
So im starting a new project... "Michael jackson : Thriller music video" Lego stop animation music video of course. And i plan to spend all the money i need too perfect it and not have it like... ... ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MThEoxSWURA that...... I was wondering what your ideas on such project would be..

And legal wise as far as that goes whats your suggestions? Do you think itll be automatically pulled from youtube? Or do you think they will allow me to keep it up? That ones stayed up for awhile so what do you guys think about all of this mini/smile? and i need suggestions of custom lego character modelers or whatever so i can get custom zombies etc for my sets and so be it. So yes... Thank you and if you've read this all <3. I look forward to your posts and starting and completing this project. mini/smile

Edit: OH and yes i do realise how HUGE of a project this will be

Last edited by mjthriller (January 12, 2010 (07:33pm))

Re: Michael jackson thriller remake

umm, it may get pulled of youtube, and i don't think you can post it here because it infringes copyright, but if its really good go tho the publisher and ask if you can use the music. Nowadays they don't pull videos out as often they mostly insert ads.

And heres some zombies you can buy http://search.toywiz.com/search.php

hope this helps, and by the way that $1500 won't help if you dont know how to brickfilm or have no experience, i have seen amazing brickfilms with virtualy no budget.

EDIT: hmm weird link didn't work anyways follow that link and type in "lego zombie" in the search thingy

Last edited by dee99 (January 12, 2010 (07:39pm))

IF YOU TYPE IN CAPITAL LETERS YOU WILL AUTOMATCALY WIN ANY ARGUMENT

Lol i'm fully aware 1500 wont get me a great video ive learned and honed my own ways of doing things mini/tongue  But.. now that i think about it maybe a zombie film would be better then worrying about stupid copyrights.....

dee99 wrote:

umm, it may get pulled of youtube, and i don't think you can post it here because it infringes copyright, but if its really good go tho the publisher and ask if you can use the music. Nowadays they don't pull videos out as often they mostly insert ads.

I made a thriller vid and that hasn't been removed. They just sent me a message saying that ads would appear next to it. But I think you should DEFINITELY do it. Get the Adobe CS4 production premium, it has After Effects and Premier, two of the best movie editors in the world.

http://i.imgur.com/Vghri.png
I'm back. Possibly.

The current most popular LEGO version is quite poor, so I'd love to see a better quality one.

Regarding legal things, you should be fine. Even if it is removed from YouTube there's a method to get it back unharmed, so you really shouldn't worry about that.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Alright everyone what do you think i can make a zombie movie.. .or a thriller remake take your picks!

Both.

mjthriller wrote:

Alright everyone what do you think i can make a zombie movie.. .or a thriller remake take your picks!

Make the thriller video then use the zombies you bought to do a zombie movie

I like the idea dee mini/smile Well this is going to take along time this will be a large project since the thriller videos 13 minutes long and all the detailed sets that have to be made.. Now i just got to figure where to get started

Does anyone know a cheaper place to buy zombies for all the 30 i want those will cost 500 dollars! i still need money to buy all the peices for the sets mini/eek

FOUND THE CAR!!! : i just hope he sells... http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/161343

I also refer to bricks in motion in my buying comment.. Im willing to pay a good bit for it i hope he reads the comments...

It took 4 hours to track down what type of car is in the beggining of the film and 1 more hour to track down a lego version that was right!.

Last edited by mjthriller (January 13, 2010 (01:53pm))

Okay i found some cheaper zombies.. not as cool tho zombies they have skeleton heads

And you could probably build that car by youself just look at his design

If i were you I would shorten the video to 10 minutes, thats the max video length that youtube allows

Last edited by dee99 (January 13, 2010 (02:33pm))

Just buy as many troll heads as you can - they're perfect for zombies.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

or use these decals

Or wait for the LEGO zombie that the company is releasing later this year.

Last edited by Littlebrick (January 13, 2010 (03:21pm))

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Seriosly.... AWESOME!!!

Thanks for the replys.. And id rather buy as much of this i can complete to make it easier but if i must build ill gladly built it id just rather buy some of the bigger more important peices from other people so i dont mess it up mini/tongue.

Pretty cool idea, but I don't think you'll be very able to do much of the dance moves; especially the shoulder thing is pretty much impossible with minifigs. I'd say go for something with a bit more originality than a remake of something that has been done already.

Bert i have ideas for the shoulder i think i can execute them since most of its dark i got to get the lighting right so i believe i can pull off alot of clay stuff around the minifigs since itll be semi dark

One problem, what is the MJ minifig going to be?

BertL wrote:

I don't think you'll be very able to do much of the dance moves; especially the shoulder thing is pretty much impossible with minifigs.

Do what Captain Bulldog does with the arms. He disconnects them and then re-connects them during animation. Watch some of his stuff mjthriller.