Re: To Strike An Expired Equus

What's there to bash? The animation is good, and KG is clearly aware that there isn't any "point" to this other than being a physical representation of a common phrase (hence his comment in his post). It seems like some of you have missed the point of this entirely.

Anyways, KG, I enjoyed it. I liked the part where he hit the horse with the stick.

This is a magnificent piece of work.  I really love how you represent the idea of the American dream with the amazing visuals. 

The striking of the expired Equus is a fantastic expression of how the idea of the American dream is an unobtainable goal, and how we need to broaden our views.  The man, who is a representation of society, continuously strikes with great force and effort, but to no abound.  He simply tries and tries again. The Equus in this case represents the American dream.  This hopeless determination and struggle to find the sweet life we all strive for is represented by the man.  Meanwhile, in the background, we have the white picket fence and obtuse trees.  The man continues to strike the Equus, disregarding the background scenery, which has a white picket fence and diagonally placed treed.  The obtuse trees represent difference.  The skewing of the trees also skews the picket fence, representing an ever-so-slightly different image of the American dream.  The combination of both white picket fence and skewed trees is a powerful symbol of an idea yet unthought of.  This idea is an ever-so-slightly different image of the American dream. 

In conclusion, this film shows us how we need to look beyond our stone-set image of the American dream and see other ways of becoming happier people.  Society persists to work towards their hopeless cause of the American dream without seeing the big picture. The end.

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

I think that Scypax was referring to the ethnocentric tendencies and archaic sense of moral absolutism present in this film. THat's what I was threatening to bash, anyways.
- Aaron

Jargon wrote:

Scypax is right. I would be bashing you if you weren't KG.
- Aaron

Good thing I'm KG then, huh? mini/bigsmile

MindGame wrote:

I liked the part where he hit the horse with the stick.

This was also my favourite part. The rest of it was great too.

Keshen wrote:
MindGame wrote:

I liked the part where he hit the horse with the stick.

This was also my favourite part. The rest of it was great too.

What part was that:P

Well, the thing I thought would be being bashed is the literal visual of it...A man beating a dead house.

But yes, that is true, I don't understand the joke at all. Sorry! mini/XD

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

ScypaxPictures wrote:

...A man beating a dead house.

That could be quite interesting.

ScypaxPictures wrote:

I don't understand the joke at all. Sorry! mini/XD

ScypaxPictures wrote:

don't understand the joke

ScypaxPictures wrote:

the joke

What joke?