Topic: THAC 7: Um, Houston

Directory Link

Um, Houston

Vimeo
YouTube

This is my entry to the 7th Twenty-Four Hour Animation Contest On www.BricksInMotion.com. This was edited, animated, scripted, and put together in less than 24 hours. It's probably not my best, but good for a day's work mini/smile

Re: THAC 7: Um, Houston

Ah, I see table...

Awesomeonomy wrote:

It's probably not my best, but good for a day's work mini/smile

Not really. It was actually really good. Fantastic job, Awesomeonomy.

That was actually great! The animation was good, along with some tight editing with sound effects. It made me laugh when

Spoiler (click to read)

the guy was edging away at  the end

. Great job!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nomfee/Lego/fjpb_poster_.png
Click above to watch mini/bigsmile
Youtube Twitter

I LOVED IT

Seriously, that was hilariously random.
Thank God they chose that theme, these entries are great.

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Ha ha.

- Leo

PS: I know, 'Ha ha' isn't really the most in-depth analysis of a film, but sometimes that pretty much sums up the viewer's reaction. And that can be a good thing.

Thanks everyone mini/smile

Considering the time allowed, this is a decent short. The animation is above average in most of the shots, but there were some parts that seemed too slow or were a little choppy. But overall, decent animation, and good direction. The only problem I really had with this film was the set. It was somewhat decent, and it did give you a feeling of someone being on another world, but you didn't seem to pay much mind to the background of it. It lost its detail while it went into the distance. Also, the lighting just didn't fit all that well, it should of been darker with a hint of blue or something like that. Something that would make you think space.

Sound effects were fine, the editing was pretty good, and overall, you have a well made space movie short. Oh, and I suppose it was unexpecting to the dude, but to the viewer, it was pretty predictable to a point.

Overall: 6.5/10
Animation: 7/10
Cinematography: 5/10
Sounds: 7/10
Story: 6.5/10
Set: 5/10

Yep, keep on bricking!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

The animation was definitely really good, along with sound effects editing. But the set did seem to lack a little bit. It seemed like the character was just on a baseplate on a desk with a bit of blocks for terrain. I mini/love the classic spaceman uniform! Overall I think it was a pretty good entry and stands a decent chance against the competition. Nice work!