Topic: THAC 7: A Pleasant Walk In The Park

Directory Link

THAC7:A Pleasant Walk In  The Park

A Pleasant Walk In The Park

My entry for the Bricks in Motion Twenty Four Hour Animation Contest. I feel so accomplished. One full day. One liter of Mountain Dew Code Red. Two Landshire sandwiches. Numerous bodily aches. Zero hours of sleep...if I wasn't a true brickfilmer before, I think I am now.

The theme of THAC 7 was The Unexpected. I feel I succeeded in that task. Be surprised, watch the film!

"See...this is why we can't have nice things."
21:05 Nich: Am I a purdy lady? : D
21:05 Smeagol: yes?

Re: THAC 7: A Pleasant Walk In The Park

That fight scene was pretty good mini/bigsmile
Sound design could be better.
Nice entry

Thanks! Most of the sound effects were rushed because I only had an hour until the deadline. Also got saddled with a couple of corrupted .wavs and had to record lines on the spot with sleeping roommates in the house... e_e

Still, I consider it a success! ^,^

Pretty funny. Is that Team Fortress you're making a parody of? It really looks like the Demoman and the Soldier. mini/lol

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Got it in one! I've been playing TF2 a lot and the War update was sitting in my subconscious. X3

That was good. The fight music was nice and I liked how you kept making the theme obvious, Adding a little bit of comedy to the mix of fighting and disagreement. Nice job. mini/wink

RETIRED

The camera quality seemed a little off. But the rest was epic.
The fight was very well done, the titles I got a kick out of and the overall brickfilm was just fantastic!
Great job! mini/bigsmile

Thanks to you both! ^_^

Someday, I'll have the latest and greatest brickfilming gear...now is not that day. mini/XD

I really liked that. Very enjoyable. The fight scene was pretty good, and I really liked what you did with the theme. The animation was a little choppy at times, but still overall pretty good. Voice acting was decent. And yeah, that's one good film considering it took less then 24 hours to make!

lol at classic Star Trek fighting scene music. mini/XD

Last edited by Scypax (January 3, 2010 (06:06pm))

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8180/7904765754_a766f0e523.jpg
Into the darkness once more. I walk into the unknown. To a far better life than I've ever known.

That was pretty good. The Camera Quality was not that great. The animation was awesome, I really liked when they were in army gear shooting at each other. I laughed out loud at the titles, btw. mini/lol
Great job. mini/smile

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Cons: Camera quality. Some audio
Pros: Animation. Story.

I bet you had fun making that. You did very well for only 24hours. Great stuff!

PS. Everyone knows 7 of 9 is the best ST character.

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

Scypax Pictures: Thanks much! And the fight music would be awesome if it played every time someone got in a fight...no matter how small!

Just Kidden: Thank you! I was surprised the camera quality was as good as it was, being I dug out my old Logitech IM cam for the contest. I wish I coud change into quick combat gear after getting squished by a fridge. :[

bodville: Thanks! I really did have a lot of fun with this. And 7 of 9? The best? I believe that honor goes to evil Spock...logical...and evil... > : D

mini/lol that's awesome! Great set design, and very well animated.

By the way, do you know where I can buy an army helmet like the one that guy had? I can't seem to find them on Brickarms. mini/confused

Are you perhaps Slycooperfan from YouTube? I'm Nellysplash, if you're curious. If you're still interested in the film I've featured you in, PM me.

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Reeldangerstudios wrote:

By the way, do you know where I can buy an army helmet like the one that guy had? I can't seem to find them on Brickarms. mini/confused

mini/lol New Members are funny.

Yes it's definitely slycooperfan240, checked his YouTube title. mini/smile Welcome aboard Newbie! [Insert Tyler's welcome emoticon here]

"Animation is about creating the illusion of life. And you can't create it if you don't have one." - Brad Bird

Ark11 wrote:
Reeldangerstudios wrote:

mini/lol New Members are funny.

. . . because he can't find a helmet on Brickarms or because he posted in an old film thread? I guess I'm missing the inherent comedy in either option.