Re: UNTHAC: Love at First Sight.

vik wrote:

I quote: Entries may not contain adult language, graphic violence (blood and/or gore) or sexual themes.

My entry doesn't have any of those.

Spudster wrote:

My review: Who the hell thinks this is funny? Anyone could make a film like this, they just don't because... Well it would be sick. I salute you for not caring what people think about you, but I'm also appalled at what some people think is funny. Raping a woman and throwing a baby out of a window? I'm sorry, but where is the comedy in that?

Aaaand your saying that your film doesn't have any sexual themes in it?!

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

Rape is not the theme, he just says he's gonna rape her. You don't see it or anything.

You_p wrote:

I really like your dark style. And it's true that it's good to have your own style. Your entry isn't one of the others, it's really original mini/smile

Thanks mini/smile

With the dark style the baby out the window was not funny.
The reference in H!el Hilter was.

And Rape is never funny, unless there is a clown involved.

You can’t have manslaughter without the laughter!

That's just your opinion, people have different senses of humor..

There is only one way to describe my reaction: 'Lol wut?' mini/lol

vik wrote:

Rape is not the theme, he just says he's gonna rape her. You don't see it or anything.

Rape itself is a sexual theme (a fairly dark one, at that), and...

Spoiler (click to read)

...the screaming at the end implied that the woman was being raped, even if it was offscreen. You can only take the "you didn't see anything, therefore it wasn't there" thing so far.

Anyways, the animation was fine, but the timing and presentation of the "joke" didn't feel quite right, so the humor was sort of lost on me. The dark color-grading and editing style sort of gave the film a pre-conceived creepy atmosphere, which took away from the "unexpected" nature of it (it might have been a bit more unexpected if it was brighter and lit more like the standard "daytime" atmosphere). Also, I think you lingered on the shot of the baby falling a bit too long, which sort of killed the humor for me. In fact, if it were me, I don't think I would have shown the baby hit the ground at all, probably just the man tossing it out the window (IMO, for certain things, I think what is implied is often funnier than witnessing what actually happens). Overall, it just seems like you were deliberately trying to offend people rather than make effective dark humor.

Last edited by MindGame (January 6, 2010 (03:38pm))

Yea I only made this video to offend people over the internet I don't know at all, that's my hobby
mini/confused  No.

I do agree the end could of been filmed better, but it was THAC so I had to rush it

A great many people are taking offense to this one, I agree that it's not really appropriate for this site as per site guidelines.  I think it's in our best interest to close the discussion now.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png