Topic: Play Nice

Directory Link

Play Nice

youtube

This was the winning entry to the Nicktoons Network Animation Festival "Built By Me" competition sponsored by LEGO.  Grand prize included an obligation to follow up with something for LEGO and Viacom!  This was my first complete stop motion short, enjoy!

Re: Play Nice

I caught this video a while back and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it! It's a nice little imaginative piece that captures the magic of building with LEGO quite well to me and was a fun look at sibling rivalry. Plus, I got a kick out of the way you animated the bullet holes in the building.
I look forward to more from you!
- Aaron

Same ^

I enjoyed this and the robot's design is unique. Good work.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Very good film Garrett! Good use of imagination.

Yeah I liked it too.
Smooth.

YouTube | Vimeo

SLEEP IS AN IRRESISTIBLE FORCE - BrickLord

Your video is great! Great animation. I hope to see more videos from you soon!

Thanks again everyone!  For me this was an epic two minute drill!  I was trying to pack so much in...

I really enjoyed the bullet holes near the end.

So Play Nice finally makes it to BiM. Sweet.

I loved this film, it was a deserving winner.

Any hints at what your obligatory follow up film is?

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

It was a spongbob film, also on BiM now.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Was the shaky cam intended?

That was quite enjoyable. I have a feeling this will be a staff favorite.

Pretty dang awesome. The only advice I have is getting the camera bluetacked down. That'll make it look a lot better. mini/smile
But overall, it was really good. Congrats on winning the contest! mini/smile

-JK

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Thanks again!  Yeah, camera jitters were a bit of an issue, still resolving some of the technical challenges behind stop motion.  For me, this and the Spongebob vid were about trying new things and different styles of animation.  It was important to me to include minifigure animation AND armature animation.  Time lapse builds and brick swaps were also pictured.  And of course, I'm still only hinting at some of the set complexity and size I hope to pull off someday!  I am still focused on in camera tricks and editing, trying to use as little post as possible, and really not looking to green screen composite... though I suspect that is an inevitability as well.  I can only hope to rival some of the amazing work on this site from other very dedicated and talented animators!

AWESOME

What is there to say?

Please do not bump threads as old as this one. Thank you. mini/smile

Bumping threads in the Releases forum is okay as long as you have something relatively worthwhile to say.