Topic: I'm new, can someone help me with BrickFilms?

So I'm pretty new to stop motion. I understand the concept of it but I think I need some tips about it. I would like to know about what some of the people on forums are talking about like light flickering or masking, or any other things.

I need a good stop-motion software that is free. I also don't use a webcam or some other camera with firewire because I use a Canon Camcorder to take my pictures. I usually just import them to my video editing software and just stream them by shortening them or speeding them up but I would like a software that would do that for me. So I would like a software that I can import pictures in by myself manually from a SD card or whatever.

Thats pretty much all I need to know really. Just some things about stop motion and other tips that could improve my skills!!:sweat:

Re: I'm new, can someone help me with BrickFilms?

MonkeyJam is a free downloadable software and is simple and most commonly used.
It is way easier than WMM to and isn't as time consuming.
You can also import images in MonkeyJam.
Scroll down threw technique and software forums for answers to your questions.

MonkeyJam Link: giantscreamingrobotmonkeys.com

Kind Regards,
-Kevin mini/wink

Well, let's start with the basic stuff: light flicker is when the light changes from frame to frame, and it gives it a kind of distinct flashing look that can't look like anything besides light flicker. Masking is a rather complicated technique of removing bricks from the scene to make it look like something is floating. Also, you could check the free software list in software and hardware. Hope it helps,

-BGanimations

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png

Nathan wells, that's the dude you want to watch, his video;s are helpfull:D

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

CarrollFilms wrote:

Nathan wells, that's the dude you want to watch, his video;s are helpfull:D

Meh. His videos are helpful for YOUN00Bzzz, but I wouldn't reccomend using videos to get started.

I mean yeah, videos are good for learning a specific skill, but the best way to learn brickfilming needs to be tailored to you.

That is what a forum is for.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.