Topic: The Great Pumpkin Carver

Directory Link

The Great Pumpkin Carver

YouTube

A short Halloween film in which a boy carves a masterpiece Jack-0-Lantern, but the dog's not impressed...

Re: The Great Pumpkin Carver

Yay you got the Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000.

Awesome film Jason, the animation was smooth and I loved it at the end when the dog
used the knife to spell out "Happy Halloween" on the pumpkin.

5/5

Yeah, I'm finally able to use my Quickcam Pro 9000 (I've actually had it since last Christmas), but I'm having problems with light flickering. I just shot a film that's about eight minutes long with the QC 9000 and in a couple of shots, if I moved the minifigure just slightly, the whole lighting would drastically change. If I moved the minifig back, the lighting would go back to how it was. It happened most often when a minifig was entering or exiting a frame; therefore, I just figured that I wasn't using enough light. But I used two lamps for this film, and I had light changing problems in almost every shot of animation. I'm pretty sure that it's the camera automatically adjusting, but I have all of the automatic settings turned off, and even randomly changing them doesn't seem to make a difference. It's very frustrating. I was wondering if anybody else is having this same problem?

I'm glad you liked it, Homerball.

Haha, that was sweet.  The animation of the guy carving the pumpkin looked really nice.  I didn't notice any lighting problems, but I get the same problem with my camera and it is really frustrating.

The overhead shot at around 1:10 looked really smooth and lifelike, nice job. Good to see you're not dead.

SmallTimeProductions wrote:

Good to see you're not dead.

How can you be sure? I saw a picture of brains the other day, and I was suddenly feeling very hungry...

Nice work! I fancied the animation of the minifigure walking up the stairs.
The lighting was also very consistent and all of the animation was great!

Hey, that was great, very cute. I really digged the animation, the sweat whipe where you "unplugged" the arm for example, worked perfectly without looking awkward at all, which is cool. Great use of clay, overall very well done.
The original rendition of The Hall of the Mountain King worked well with the movie too, I really liked that.

Finally i got time to write a feedback of your video on BiM.
I think the animation was pretty smoth and i didn't saw the lightning problems, maybe i see it when i watch it again. ^^
And what i also like in your videos is the clay, you always have such awesome things like dogs and pumpkins in clay.
That was also a reason why i bought clay, but i wasn't good enought with it and now i don't use it anymore.

Okay i will give you 5 bricks on BiM and I already gave you 5 stars on youtube.

-JediTeran

http://sites.google.com/site/herrtaube/lasttravelsignature.jpg

Wow!  That was excellent.  I like films that are silent but you can easily understand what is going on.  As I watched I thought that carving a pumpkin was like making a Lego movie, time consuming.  Maybe that's just because I've been working for about 4 1/2hrs today on my Christmas movie and I've made about eight more seconds mini/sad  Great film though!  I liked how his arms moved and how you pulled them out of their sockets and it was still extremely smooth.  Once again, Great Job.

Christmas film is done!

Captain Bulldog wrote:

if I moved the minifigure just slightly, the whole lighting would drastically change. If I moved the minifig back, the lighting would go back to how it was. It happened most often when a minifig was entering or exiting a frame; therefore, I just figured that I wasn't using enough light. But I used two lamps for this film, and I had light changing problems in almost every shot of animation. I'm pretty sure that it's the camera automatically adjusting, but I have all of the automatic settings turned off, and even randomly changing them doesn't seem to make a difference. It's very frustrating. I was wondering if anybody else is having this same problem?

I had the SAME EXACT thing happen and I felt like freaking kicking my camera off the table. I happened for me several times, when I was doing paper animation and on the most recent Bunnies films. mini/madhead
But, anyways, amazing film. Your really good with incorporating clay into your films.

Wow, inspiring work with the clay animation. Simply the way the actual carving turned out was incredible! The effect of the clock turned out well, though the only thing (very minor) that caught my attention were the flying geese: It fit well, and it matched enough to the scene, but I think you need to put a few of the geese on different layers (essentially to make different speeds) because it looks like one object moving in the sky.

But really, that's nit picky, so well done
(and is there a way you could combine the words "brickfilm" and "clamation" into one?) mini/bigsmile

http://theduckcow.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/design_flaw.png
Moo-ack Productions! Latest release: "Design Flaw"~Patrick W. Crawford