Re: The Citizen of the Year

DELETED

Last edited by Legoman182182 (August 4, 2023 (03:25am))

mini/sad

My head says no, but my heart says yes: TCOTY.
- Aaron

There is more to brickfilms than fancy, expensive software and sets, special effects, and fluent animation... REAL brickfilms contain soul, they contain love, they contain the source of all joy and happiness. TCOTY contains what makes a real brickfilm. The young must learn to respect the classics, the films that made us who we are.

It is a good brickfilm and I appreciate that. I don't see how it's worthy of so many followers that say it's good because "it just is", basically.
There are many better brickfilms...
I'm still waiting for a reasonable explanation.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Having not joined the community until three years after the film in question was released, I have been forced to conduct my own research as to what makes this film so special. I have not had this information verified, so if I am wrong, please correct me.

The root seems to be in the original thread on Brickfilms.com where Tim makes a post on page 2 declaring how awesome the movie is. From there on in, various people begin to jump on the COTY bandwagon (the first being Dragoon) and it escalates from there, with the pro-COTY and anti-COTY movements developing amidst this discussion.

Oddly, KG, today one of the top supporters of Septemberfest, remarked

It's good, but it's not THAT good.

Original post.

Also, claims that Watson is actually KG in disguise can be laid aside because I am still a moderator on the site and can see that they have never posted from the same IP address.

Like I said, this is only what I have gathered and if anything I have said is incorrect, please put it right.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Spudster wrote:

There is more to brickfilms than fancy, expensive software and sets, special effects, and fluent animation... REAL brickfilms contain soul, they contain love, they contain the source of all joy and happiness. TCOTY contains what makes a real brickfilm. The young must learn to respect the classics, the films that made us who we are.

You just explained it to me. Thank you. mini/bigsmile
TCOTY cured my dandruff infection.

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Wow that sucked... I'm gonna go watch a youtube poop.

Brickyman wrote:

Wow that sucked

I think BrickyMan lost his mind. U R CRAZY BRICKYMAN!!!!!!!!
This film is awesome, but not as good as I expected. (I think Dragoon is on drugs no offense) I loved the voice acting, it made me laugh. But I would like to see less cartoony effects. The tossing the coin was, a bit too faky.

It's Brickyman dammit!

Our hospital recently introduced TCOTY Treatment. To revive people and cure the sick, The Citizen Of The Year is played through the televisions. As soon as the beginning music is heard, everyone is cured and breaks out into harmonious song. Death rates have plumetted and morale has risen 1700% .

TCOTY is life changing.

NXTManiac

https://i.imgur.com/IRCtQGu.jpg

Brickyman! You're sig is blasphemy! Have you heard nothing I have said!? What, are you also going to say how The Magic Portal sucks because of choppy animation? Respect the classics, man. Like I said real brickfilms contain heart and soul, they contain joy and happiness, they contain LIFE. Films can be made with fancy software, with fancy special effects, fluent animation, and CGI, but do they contain real win? Or are they just an empty shell? Vanilla may smell nice, but as we all know it doesn't taste that great. Looks, or smells, aren't everything. You have look past the artificial, and see the eternal... TCOTY is eternal, and will live on forever.

Agreed mini/smile

Don't be fooled, my avatar is a facade of conformity.

I agree with that agreement.

An entertaining Classic
Yes.

A super-awesome, life changing, cancer curing, ego inflating, weight loosing, month devoting, shine worshiping, orgasm inducing, water transforming, christ returning, shining, gleaming, golden GOD
No.

I shall say no more.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

I just had that joyful experience watching this film. It's like it tickled me.

Max Butcher wrote:

An entertaining Classic
Yes.

A super-awesome, life changing, cancer curing, ego inflating, weight loosing, month devoting, shine worshiping, orgasm inducing, water transforming, christ returning, shining, gleaming, golden GOD
No.

I shall say no more.

-MRB

Sums it up perfectly.

This is a joke, right? mini/smile

Check out our new film - Advert! mini/delirium

Spudster wrote:

Brickyman! You're sig is blasphemy! Have you heard nothing I have said!? What, are you also going to say how The Magic Portal sucks because of choppy animation? Respect the classics, man. Like I said real brickfilms contain heart and soul, they contain joy and happiness, they contain LIFE. Films can be made with fancy software, with fancy special effects, fluent animation, and CGI, but do they contain real win? Or are they just an empty shell? Vanilla may smell nice, but as we all know it doesn't taste that great. Looks, or smells, aren't everything. You have look past the artificial, and see the eternal... TCOTY is eternal, and will live on forever.

WHO SAID MAGIC PORTAL SUCKS?!?anyway, Spudster, I agree and I admire how well you described TCOTY and TMP, they are classics and will never die...
Hemma: what do you mean?

It's a joke that people are going so nuts about this film, years after it was released.

Sean, shut up. If you don't like the film, don't (over)react. Many people love this film, you don't. That's okay, that's fine. But don't mess with their fun. You don't like it when we go !@#$ around about one of your films.

-Don

New film:
In Pre-Production...]