Topic: Need help with lighting

Hey guys.Well i decided to start brickfilming again.But i still have lighting problem.You see i live right now in a flat.Well in the house where i live there is a problem with lighting.For example the light is getting brighter or darker.That means lightflickers.Alot of them.Well can somebody give me suggestions what can i replace with a lamp . Well it sounds stupid i know but what can i do. ;( ..  I really need help! mini/sad

Last edited by kriksis104 (August 19, 2009 (03:02pm))

Re: Need help with lighting

You should get one of those whole big light, it covers the whole set. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go on FrankFredLego, he's got a tutorial.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Awesomeonomy/Ellivtnom/ellivtnom_banner.jpg

I am now a partner! mini/bigsmile

I'll try.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Try my tutorial:

Lighting Tutorials from Tutorials4Brickfilms

Ellivtnom wrote:

You should get one of those whole big light, it covers the whole set. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go on FrankFredLego, he's got a tutorial.

NO. A HORRIBLE WAY TO APPROACH IT.

You should have AT LEAST 2 lamps (some people even use 3, but I use 2). One on either side of the set, to even lighting. Each should have a sheet of plain white printer paper taped over the bulb to diffuse the lighting. You can get good Desklamps cheap at Target, I recommend it.

Also, you should film in a completely dark room -- the only lighting being your lamps.

You should wear dark clothes to keep the lighting good.

And always remember that Black LEGO Elements will reflect light, causing light flicker. Light them on an indirect angle, not head on. Same with your camera -- if your camera is head on shooting at a black brick, it will reflect.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Thanks this tutorial helped me a lot,I could not even imagine that i would need a Day Light Bulb. mini/lol

Last edited by kriksis104 (August 28, 2009 (06:35am))

Your the guy that makes those tutorials!? Your my idol! mini/delirium

fib12345 wrote:

You should have AT LEAST 2 lamps (some people even use 3, but I use 2). One on either side of the set, to even lighting. Each should have a sheet of plain white printer paper taped over the bulb to diffuse the lighting.

It's good advice, I have 2 lamps, but one of them gets REALLY hot, and I don't want to start a fire. What should I do.

After a five year hiatus, I have returned

THAC 8: The Cleanup
Website|YouTube

In your place...amm...i think better to buy a new lamp or a light bulb.