Re: Warner Bros. Lego Movie

Guys, we shouldnt look up to warner brothers, but see them as competition, we'll make a good solid movie that looks realistic, and send it to them. Then they will see that lego looks alot better when its make of Plastic and not computer rendering. mini/smile  We are good, they are new to this. mini/smile

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Since I'm not the best animator..... I'll voice act!!!! Depends on the role though.... mini/wink

AniExer-size 2 contest entry: The QuickcamPro 9000.
View it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf7cLSIjznI

randomparrot wrote:

*Joins queue of people wanting to hurt Leo*

Reading this thread provokes all kinds of thoughts and ideas.  First, at the risk of being assaulted like poor Leo, mini/tongue  I feel the "CGI/traditional" argument is great on a philosophical level, but don't let it mess up your day.  Everyone here is shooting digital, right?  Anyone using actual film? 

>crickets chirp<

No?

Well, the majors may have similar reasons for using CGI over stop-motion  Some of you have already covered that in previous posts.  I say, "Shun the corporate mentality and embrace Smeagol's vision!!"   

Sméagol wrote:

If nothing else, this could be an opportunity for BiM to shamelessly capitalize on the media attention that this movie should create.

Kudos for this insightful thought.  Keep making shorts.  Make them with solid story lines because good stories are key.  Keep this website filled with stellar material and perhaps some will get noticed by those industry people looking for the Next Big Thing.

*climbs down from soapbox*

Thank you

Sméagol wrote:

If nothing else, this could be an opportunity for BiM to shamelessly capitalize on the media attention that this movie should create.

mini/twitch Oh God... All the noobs... Coming here...

We dont need any new members. What we need is more MONEY.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

SmallTimeProductions wrote:
Sméagol wrote:

mini/twitch Oh God... All the noobs... Coming here...

It would be horrible...the amount of "wat camra do u use" and "how u do that" would be crippling.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

If you're talking about me, I'm not a noob. My films just aren't at your level yet. but i'll help anyway I can.

reason for edit: typo

Last edited by reeldp (August 19, 2009 (06:12pm))

AniExer-size 2 contest entry: The QuickcamPro 9000.
View it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf7cLSIjznI

Stud Studios wrote:

Guys, we shouldnt look up to warner brothers, but see them as competition, we'll make a good solid movie that looks realistic, and send it to them. Then they will see that lego looks alot better when its make of Plastic and not computer rendering. mini/smile  We are good, they are new to this. mini/smile

Uhh...  no, we've been making short films for a few years, they've been doing large-scale CG animation as a career for decades.

- Leo

Leonardo812 wrote:
Stud Studios wrote:

Uhh...  no, we've been making short films for a few years, they've been doing large-scale CG animation as a career for decades.

- Leo

I meant LEGO movies! mini/frustrated

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/315234895058173963/400133875549995018/Sig1.png

Just_a_Minifig wrote:

It would be horrible...the amount of "wat camra do u use" and "how u do that" would be crippling.

Aw, jeez.  I wuz gonna ask u guyz bout wat camera 2 use.

Z0Mg guize how do u 2 maek t3h leggosz move!!1! i asked natan welll to mak a legos movie wif me and he didnt anser!!1!!!11!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

^^
What an eccentric performance
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/8/8/9/8895aa15325882072db850d1bb91531a.jpg

If I'm on the forums, I'm probably waiting for Blender to finish rendering.

It seems promising, knowing that Lego is back into stop-mo from the SPIII shorts.  Do you think Tony Mines (the dude who made a lot of Lego shorts) will be in it?

dude, want some shrooms?

Probably not mini/sad

Stud Studios wrote:
Leonardo812 wrote:
Stud Studios wrote:

- Leo

I meant LEGO movies! mini/frustrated

Honestly, that doesn't mean anything. I'd rather have a decade of film experience in CGI than a couple of years of making lego muuvies.

- Leo

Leo, be positive about this, Stop motion looks more realistic than CGI because its Real Legos. Not Computer Rendering.

Stud Studios wrote:

Leo, be positive about this, Stop motion looks more realistic than CGI because its Real Legos. Not Computer Rendering.

Umm....  we're getting kind of off-topic here. I'm not debating with you about which one is better - they both have strengths and weaknesses. I was commenting that the creators of this film will most likely have ten times the general film-making experience that most of us do.

So it's not like we're ahead of the game or anything.

- Leo

A full length CGI Lego movie not made by the great pixar is gonna be an epic fail.

Leonardo812 wrote:
Stud Studios wrote:

Umm....  we're getting kind of off-topic here. I'm not debating with you about which one is better - they both have strengths and weaknesses. I was commenting that the creators of this film will most likely have ten times the general film-making experience that most of us do.

So it's not like we're ahead of the game or anything.

- Leo

I was going to bring that up, I know anything WB is going to make is going to be great. It's just the CG part.... when I think of a LEGO movie, I automatically think stop-motion animation, and I'm sure everyone else who is not a brickfilmer would too. I feel like boycotting it for that reason. But yeah....

filmyguy wrote:

It's just the CG part.... when I think of a LEGO movie, I automatically think stop-motion animation, and I'm sure everyone else who is not a brickfilmer would too. I feel like boycotting it for that reason. But yeah....

Dudes... you would boycott a LEGO movie because it wasn't made with a technique you like?

Can some people here please start admiring the art of film, regardless of how it was made?

- Leo