Topic: BHC Three?

So, the good old Brickfilming Hallowe'en Contest?

Well, ever since 2007 there's been one every year, I think it should continue.  Anyone agree?  I haven't seen Skull Brick post in a while but I don't think he's completely gone.

And I dunno about some people, but I think, instead of starting it on October 1st, start it earlier?  Maybe mid - end of August so it gives people some time to work on it before school starts.

Last edited by Steve (August 1, 2009 (06:06pm))

Re: BHC Three?

It's a bit early to be thinking about Halloween, isn't it? mini/tongue

I'd love to see it return and an earlier start time might create some awesome entries.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

End of August/early september would allow for a lot more quality of entries.I honestly don't think skull brick would host it,then again,I'm not him.
I personallly think hosting it earlier would be a good idea.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Hazzat wrote:

It's a bit early to be thinking about Halloween, isn't it? mini/tongue

I'd love to see it return and an earlier start time might create some awesome entries.

Yeah but you need to discuss it for like a month before it starts mini/tongue
I would say about September 1st, but then you need to give some time at the end of August, for the people in school.

I've never entered one but I'm down with it.
Having more than 1 month to make an entry is a good idea.

It sounds cool, but I'm not allowed to celebrate holloween(church), it's based on satanic nature(I actually beleve it.)

livinglego wrote:

It sounds cool, but I'm not allowed to celebrate holloween(church), it's based on satanic nature(I actually beleve it.)

My family goes to church, and celbrates Haloween, and, it may have satanic in origin, it's now reall "YOu can actually take candy from Strangers on This Day Only" Day

meme
http://i.imgur.com/gMfjgiC.jpg

Okay since winning the first BHC, and loosing the second, I need to retain my title so I would enter this.

HeAndHimStudios wrote:
livinglego wrote:

My family goes to church, and celbrates Haloween, and, it may have satanic in origin, it's now reall "YOu can actually take candy from Strangers on This Day Only" Day

Yeah, but look in the news, razors in apples, drugs in brownies, pupkins with disfigured faces, children looking like demons, TPing trees, vandalism, etc. The list goes on, and if you ask me, I still find it satanic.

Dude stop it, if you don't have anything else to say or anything to do or participate in. Don't post.  mini/sad
Anyways i AM SO ENTERING THIS I CAN'T WAIT! I hope we can set this up.  mini/tongue

Last edited by LEGOStudios (August 1, 2009 (11:54am))

I'm saving my contest-making skills for THAC 7, or whatever number we are on now. That contest requires crazy-mad-skillz. Maybe I'll also enter whatever Chistmas contest we have this year.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

livinglego wrote:

Yeah, but look in the news, razors in apples, drugs in brownies, pupkins with disfigured faces, children looking like demons, TPing trees, vandalism, etc. The list goes on, and if you ask me, I still find it satanic.

Lol, the joker's been busy.

Halloween is a place where you can get candy for free and dress up for fun.  Done.

I'd be very interested, I've got an idea from last year that didn't pull through.  I'd be all for it.  Maybe an official BiM contest?

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

I'll try to enter

Sounds great. I'll do it if it happens. mini/smile

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Contests forum is reserved for official announcements, I've moved this to the general filmmaking forum.  If you guys get together official details for the BHC then I can move that thread to the contests forum.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Skull Brick actually pops in now and then. He'll usually stick around for a few days and then go back into hiding.

But I think August is a good time to start the BHC. Gives people some time to come up with good stuff, instead of the same old *dynamic duo special*.

And BTW, Halloween is not Satanic. "All Hallows Eve" started somewhere in Spain or Mexico (I think). Spirits would return from the dead, and demand sweets and treats from the locals if they want peace. Some kids decided it would be fun if they dressed up as spirits and got candy for themselves. Which is where Trick-Or-Treating started.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

I prefer to believe the Simpson's take on the origin of Halloween.

If theres going to be a BHC 3 I'm gonna enter it.

Sméagol wrote:

Contests forum is reserved for official announcements, I've moved this to the general filmmaking forum.  If you guys get together official details for the BHC then I can move that thread to the contests forum.

Cheers.

I'll PM Skull Brick if he's online and link him to this thread.