Topic: STAR: Time Police

Directory Link

Time Police

Large

Media

Small

YouTube

Who would protect you if bad guys and villians could travel through time? Time Police of course! Made for the STAR(Space Time And Reality) contest.

Note: Posted by Sméagol on behalf of the frozen brick.

Last edited by the frozen brick (August 1, 2009 (08:12am))

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

Re: STAR: Time Police

Be a shame to come back from camp and find no comments about your great film.
Very enjoyable. I really liked the audio especially the time shift sound. The plot was good and the sets big and impressive.
Bit of a glitch with his change room doors not quite closing. A good balance between action and comedy.
Very well done, I'm going to watch that again.

CrimStories

Other:  DOTBW      Take Out      Crime Stories      Cyclic     YouTube

What bodville said. But I think the story needed to flesh out more. It would have been better if you could have showed a couple more eras for like 30sec. or so.
But great job otherwise. I enjoyed the ending.

Very nice work.  I thought this was a very entertaining film with a nice story, though it felt like it needed to be fleshed out a little bit more, which could be the result of the deadline, but still definately a well put together and entertaining film.

I thought Tom did an excellent job with the music as well mini/bigsmile

This film is one of the best films I ever seen.
Keep on bricki`n mini/tongue

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af150/KalleiSkovde/HighDolphin.png?t=1277025446

Nice film. Absolutely brilliant.

666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 Lol ]

Loved it mini/bigsmile
Proud to be in it! mini/wink

I'm a bonehead.. But not in making movies! mini/wink

Awesome, just awesome. Great job, and congrats on winning the trailer contest! (I voted for you. mini/wink )

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Time Police - Frozen Brick
3.5/5

You know, having seen your other films, I wasn't expecting much. However, you really surprised me. This was a fun, enjoyable film. The plot was cool, the action was fun, and although some of the humorous moments passed by too quickly, you did a great job of creating an entertaining movie. The music definitely helped a lot - Tom did some good work there.

- Leo

Thanks Leo,
I'm so happy with how it came out. mini/bigsmile

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Brickstudio 1 wrote:

This film is one of the best films I ever seen.

You haven't seen enough, apparently.

I enjoyed it.  Nothing too unique or special to point out (maybe that's because I'm jaded with visual effects).

Well done.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

thankis for the good comments.

I am now home again, so It is good to seen that it has been seen.

EDIT: Now onl Youtube

Last edited by the frozen brick (August 1, 2009 (08:13am))

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

Haha, I found this film highly enjoyable. The action was well played and the humor wasn't overdone. It never really felt like the film was trying too hard, and it really knew what it wanted to be. Excellent work, highly entertaining. My only real complaint would be that some of the voices were a bit difficult to hear. On the topic of audio, TGtom did a great job on this one's soundtrack. It felt a lot like a modern police theme, but with a twist that made it fit the futuristic setting perfectly.
I have to say this is one of my favorites from the contest.

I've got a couple plot questions, don't want to get too picky, but maybe there's something I'm not seeing:

1) why does the 2nd time cop come through time and end up with a girl in his arms?

2) Why do the time cops walk into an empty alley before the criminal surprises them from behind?

3) why do the time cops have to stand in a special machine the first time they travel through time but later seem to be able to travel through time at just the touch of a button?

A fun to watch film, but these questions, possible holes in the plot, distracted me.

1) they were chasing him through time, but insteadof hunting the prisoner, Harvey (the 2nd cop) travels  back in time and meet some cavevomen who beliaves he is a god, so he made up some new rituals.

2) There was a shot of the prisoner dissappearing, but I couldn't find it on my computer.

3) The time machine is more advanced and can send them to a more accurate time than their backpacks, which I call "Time Watches".

Last edited by the frozen brick (August 1, 2009 (10:50pm))

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

Yeah, the story did go way too fast, but I have very few problems apart from that.

Exellent score by T.G once again! I would ask you to score my next film, but I want to use copyrighted music for a humourous effect.

-MRB

YouTube
Max, She/They

Thanks Max!

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

I voted for you in the trailer contest, and I have to say, it was the right one. The only disturbing thing is the part where the guy is having, well, phyiscal relations with a girl.

livinglego wrote:

The only disturbing thing is the part where the guy is having, well, phyiscal relations with a girl.

Perhaps it's just a hug.  That's what i told my kids when they watched it at least.

That was awesome