Topic: STAR: At the Touch of a Button

Directory Link

At the Touch of a Button

HQ MP4 (35Mb)
Vimeo Streaming
Youtube Streaming

A small device with devastating consequences is found, one which must be kept safe...

An entry in the bricksinmotion.com STAR Contest, quickly made in 4 days before the deadline.

Production shots: 1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9

Last edited by Bastetta (July 27, 2009 (03:30am))

Re: STAR: At the Touch of a Button

This one is tough for me.  There were aspects that I thought you did exceptionally well, but others didn't really work.

I loved the opening of the film.  The lighting, set/sound design, and animation throughout was really well done.  I especially liked the shot in the train.  All this along with music set a great mood.  My problem was with the story.  The ending didn't mesh well with how you started the film.  The tone at the start felt serious, but the end (in my opinion) seemed humorous.  I'm not sure if that's what you intended, but that's how I saw it and it made the whole thing feel a bit disjointed.

But the technical aspects were great, and it held my attention easily for all four minutes so huge props for you!  mini/yes

Lol. that was cool.

I agree somewhat with above, but you helped me.

You see, i'm making a new brickfilm soon, and i needed some city rooftop sets, and you have inspired me to make some. mini/tongue
Good work, and keep it up!

Fancypants wrote:

This one is tough for me.  There were aspects that I thought you did exceptionally well, but others didn't really work.

I loved the opening of the film.  The lighting, set/sound design, and animation throughout was really well done.  I especially liked the shot in the train.  All this along with music set a great mood.  My problem was with the story.  The ending didn't mesh well with how you started the film.  The tone at the start felt serious, but the end (in my opinion) seemed humorous.  I'm not sure if that's what you intended, but that's how I saw it and it made the whole thing feel a bit disjointed.

But the technical aspects were great, and it held my attention easily for all four minutes so huge props for you!  mini/yes

I completely understand your point. Yes it it was what I intended it to be, I wanted it to twist from the drama to the humor. During the making of it, I was already afraid people might find it awkward or 'not fitting with the rest'. But I'm glad you liked the rest, and I'm glad I finished my first ever brickfilm for a contest.

Happy to have inspired you, Brickyman. mini/smile
I noticed that I keep scoring points on the technical aspects in my films, not in my storytelling. I really need to do something about that.

I have now added some photographs I took when making this film.

I agree with fancypants...but it was good anyway...

At the Touch of a Button - Bastetta
3/5

Weird film, Bastetta. In a good way, though. Enjoyable, and with some great visuals. The opening was my favorite part. Overall, the plot of the film was a bit sub-par, and the entire setup ended up being a bit disappointing, but the film was fun to watch, and technically very good.

- Leo

The accent and audio quality made it difficult to understand at the beginning.  Had you gotten someone else to voice it with a better mike, I'd understand what he was saying at the beginning.

The lighting was impressive.  That part I liked.

https://i.imgur.com/4b9NnS3.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/GUIl0qk.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/ox64uld.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/v3iyhE5.png

Thanks guys.

I can say I'm making a Director's Cut with an Australian voice actor. He would've done my voice clips but I hadn't heard from him till after the deadline, therefore I had to use a last-minute solution so I contacted Darkman and voiced the rest myself just to make the deadline.
My voice actor apologizes for his absence so he's doing the voices and I will be adding them in the DC.

My review:

This film is filled with Eye catching sets such as a train staion, the X HQ and my personal favorate is the house it is full with nice paintings it looked very realistic.this film has fun comedy aspects such as the ending. the effects are nicly done the films time fits the story perfectly. Well done guys:lol: