Topic: Dragonframe locking SS at 1/30 / Turning on Manual Movie Mode

I've been trying to animate a brickfilm on Dragonframe, but every time I try to change the shutter speed, whether it be in the program or on the camera directly, it will always end up capturing a frame at 1/30 shutter speed. I use a Nikon d5300. I learned that this issue is caused by having the setting "manual movie mode" turned on, and that it can be fixed by turning it off. However, when I go to turn it off, the setting is reenabled as soon as I have my camera connected to Dragonframe. I have been looking for a possible solution, but I have not found much. I was wondering if anyone here knows how to fix this?

Re: Dragonframe locking SS at 1/30 / Turning on Manual Movie Mode

Have you contacted [email protected] ? I have found they usually respond pretty quickly, I haven't used a Nikon camera with DF though.

Also have you followed all of these steps for setting up your camera?

Re: Dragonframe locking SS at 1/30 / Turning on Manual Movie Mode

SlothPaladin wrote:

Have you contacted [email protected] ? I have found they usually respond pretty quickly, I haven't used a Nikon camera with DF though.

Also have you followed all of these steps for setting up your camera?

I did contact them. They were very quick to respond. Apparently the current version of Dragonframe seems to have some sort of bug causing the issue. They sent me a download link to a dev version of the software. Thankfully, it works.