Topic: What to do with the camera I found

I found out my mom had a DSLR camera she bought for her photos. It’s a canon rod rebel t7 to be more specific. She allowed me to use it for stop motions but it’s clear I don’t know what I’m doing. Can someone tell me how to set this thing up for stop motions?

: D

Re: What to do with the camera I found

I use a similar model of camera for stop motion and what I do is plug it into my computer with a USB cable (one usually comes with the camera. If you do this, you'll have to get animation software though. You could also just use the camera by itself, but this is a lot more difficult. Either way you'll want to have your camera on manual mode with manual focus. If you've never used manual setting on a camera before than it can be a bit confusing but there are lots of tutorials, you can find online about camera settings and software.

And if your not able to use your computer and an animation software, and alternative is to buy a camera remote, which is is basically a button that allows you to take pictures without touching the camera. I think they're pretty cheap, and there simple enough to use. I wouldn't animate without having a way (if possible) to shoot remotely (without touching the camera for each frame.) Manually pressing the shutter button on the camera usually causes the camera to move very slightly, which will make the animation look all shaky. mini/smile

"The poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese."
-G.K. Chesterton

Thanks, I have used Manuel settings on my phone before so setting this one to it wasn’t as hard as I thought. For some reason my camera didn’t come with a USB cable so I ordered one to connect it to my computer. Also I found a remote for it but I haven’t tested it out yet. Thanks a lot guys. Your real lifesavers.

: D