Topic: Long Animation Hiatuses

It has been a long time since I was working on my last brickfilm, or on any form of animation. When I was animating last, I could tell that I was getting rusty, as it took me a long time to make my minifig movements look as smooth as I'd like them to be. By the look of things, it is going to continue to be a long time before I put bricks in front of a camera again. My 'animation studio' (AKA the spare room) has recently been used for storage, then a guest bedroom, then a storage room again, and now it's being kept available for one of my younger siblings to revise in for his upcoming exams. I simply do not have the time or space to animate anymore. mini/sad
As time goes by, I'm getting more and more anxious that I'm going to either be really rusty and out of practise by the time I try to brickfilm again, or at this rate perhaps simply cease to be a brickfilmer for good.
I suppose the point of my self pitying ramble, my patient readers, is to ask for advice on what to do during long hiatuses between brickfilms. Are there things that anyone would recommend or advise to keep myself from getting rusty?
Thanks.

JAJ Productions/Fruitcake Films
YouTube Vimeo Website

'Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding' - Proverbs 3:5

Re: Long Animation Hiatuses

I'm actually going to be going through this on a shorter scale. I would just recommend to stay active in the community, spend time scripting or storyboarding ideas, watch a plethora of brickfilms, and if you can't brickfilm, you can try practicing building with LEGOs. Good luck, and hopefully I'll see you on the brickfilm scene again soon!

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

Re: Long Animation Hiatuses

Puskov wrote:

I'm actually going to be going through this on a shorter scale. I would just recommend to stay active in the community, spend time scripting or storyboarding ideas, watch a plethora of brickfilms, and if you can't brickfilm, you can try practicing building with LEGOs. Good luck, and hopefully I'll see you on the brickfilm scene again soon!

Thanks for the advice. I suppose I ought to stop being such a luddite and try to work out how to Discord so I can engage with people on here more. Cheers.

JAJ Productions/Fruitcake Films
YouTube Vimeo Website

'Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding' - Proverbs 3:5