Topic: DSLR's for a beginner

Hi, I've been using a c920 webcam for pretty much the whole time throughout my brickfilm career and I'm looking to get a DSLR, are there any recommendations for a relatively inexpensive DSLR for a beginner?

Re: DSLR's for a beginner

I would recommend getting a Canon EOS Rebel T6 or Canon EOS Rebel T7. I have the T7 and it's great (haven't used it to brickfilm yet though) but I know that other brickfilmers like Chaizin use the T6 and it looks great. But if you get a dslr you will need different software and a cable to connect it to your pc. A battery with a power cable is also recommend so your battery doesn't die in the middle of a scene. Also dslr's are compatible with hundreds of lenses so they can get really expensive. But the quality is awesome.

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

2x4 studios wrote:

I would recommend getting a Canon EOS Rebel T6 or Canon EOS Rebel T7. I have the T7 and it's great (haven't used it to brickfilm yet though) but I know that other brickfilmers like Chaizin use the T6 and it looks great. But if you get a dslr you will need different software and a cable to connect it to your pc. A battery with a power cable is also recommend so your battery doesn't die in the middle of a scene. Also dslr's are compatible with hundreds of lenses so they can get really expensive. But the quality is awesome.

Thank you! I will look into those cameras.

All in all, DSLR's have amazing quality, but even some of the best pros use the C920, so it's only if you can comfortably afford it that I would recommend getting one.

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

Puskov wrote:

All in all, DSLR's have amazing quality, but even some of the best pros use the C920, so it's only if you can comfortably afford it that I would recommend getting one.

Yeah, they are quite pricey, I'll think about it first because it is quite an investment.

The C920 is a decent webcam, but can't hold a candle to a DSLR.
Just make sure it has live view and check the dragonframe website for compatibility.
Even if you don't have dragonframe yet.

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png