Topic: How did YOU get your STAR idea.

Well, since the STAR contest is soon over, it would be cool to hear about how you got your STAR idea.

To begin with I had an idea of a team of agents travelling back in time from a post-apocalyptic earth poisoned by different stuff(I didn't get much into it) to stop global warmng.

But then I dropped the whole global warming stuff and had the idea of a convict being sent back in time to assassinate a man.

Both these ideas were dark, which I didn't like. So I dropped that idea again, and startedon making a film about Time Police, with the officers Harvey, and John(the last one evolved from the convict for the previous idea). Time police ghad been used in three of my movies(One of them never became finished) so they were not an original idea. I just changed the suit, and gave them a personality.

I'm BACK! mini/bigsmile

Re: How did YOU get your STAR idea.

I was reading a book called "The Time Paradox"! The title got me thinking "what if a man created a device that allowed him to travel throught time but altered the timeline in some way to create a paradox" So I began writing. I was watching Law & Order one da when suddenly it hit me BOOM! "What if I make this a murder mystery?" So I began typing. I showed the first draft to my thearer teacher and he liked it so I pressed on. Then STAR was announced. I created a new script for it, but didn't have time to finish it so I chose to make Time Paradox. Now I'm here.

BTW: Back in November 08 I predected the release date at July 24th 2009, it'll be realeased the 27th mini/eek Dead serious

I went to the National Maritime Museum/Royal Observatory in London and found inspiration within.

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

lately I had a lot of of interesting but long dreams...cut some scenes and done...that's the dream number ONE...

I just talked about different kind of movies with my brother and we combined them. mini/tongue

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

I looked at all the projects I'm working on...

...and decided not to make a STAR entry.

- Leo

From the recent film "Moon". I only saw the trailer for this, and I was immediately inspired.
But to be honest, after that, I don't know here all my ideas came from.

I came up with an epic idea. Then I failed.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

I came up with a fail idea. Then I epic'd.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

I blew up a box of raisins.

Well, the day Smeagol told me about STAR, I knew... my entry would be unique.  It'd be amazing.  No one else would do it. I knew that I was going to do absolutely nothing.

It was a fantastic idea.  It'd have action, adventure, and all the things that the other films had... because I'd be watching them rather than spending hours of work on my own.  I came up with a script, consisting a zero pages.  I built an invisible set.  I kept my camera off and my computer asleep.  I was getting things done.
Now, as the contest is ending, my amazing plan is coming to an end.  All I have left to do is wait, watch the films and find out who wins, then I will be done. I hope you all enjoy my entry.

The end.

mini/wink

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool