Topic: Bricks in Motion Staff Changes

https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/bricksinmotion/bim.jpg

Hello Bricks in Motion!

I am announcing today that I am stepping down from my position as Bricks in Motion head administrator. I will remain a moderator and our current LEGO Ambassador, being the point of communication between this community and the LEGO Group. This decision was not easy for me, and I want to reinforce once more that I truly love this community, and in the past seven and a half years, I have been actively working toward creating a better environment for both experienced brickfilmers and newcomers.

Through the updates of the Discord server, the re-skinning of the website, added features, a partnership with LEGO, multiple new contests, and a continuing relationship with our wonderful sponsors, as well as my efforts on the Brickfilms Wiki and other Discord community like The Plastic Films, I have only ever been thinking about how to grow and improve this community. My only regret is that I was not able to see it through to the completion of my vision, which would be a new website which would be a hub for all brickfilming.

However, as I am stepping down, I want to explain my reasoning. Some of you may be thinking "good riddance," and others may be sad to see me go. Whatever your stance is, I want you to know that I am not leaving because of the previous drama and conflict. I was fully prepared to ride it to the end, continuing my vision of Bricks in Motion whatever the cost.

But then I couldn't stop thinking about what was actually important to me. Brickfilming is important, community is important, molding teenagers and adults into awesome filmmakers who are not afraid to express their ideas through their films... that's important. But what's most important to me is my Faith. Some of the arguments of last week revolved around Christianity's place in leadership of a non-religious website. I, being a Christian, believe it does have a place. I was never out to hurt anyone with my words or actions. Bricks in Motion is, and always will be, committed to diversity and unity, being a welcoming community for all people, regardless of their opinions.

So I am stepping down. The staff and I have come to an agreement that will hopefully benefit the community. I'm sure one of our administrators will outline the new staff setup soon for all of you, so I won't go into it. I will say that the reason I am stepping down is to focus on my own life, my purpose, and my relationship with God. I could have held out and attempted a community reconstruction, but when evaluating how that fits into my overall life, I failed to find a place for it.

So I leave it to you. The community. Each individual is responsible for the reputation of Bricks in Motion, not a single staff member. Never let it be said that you aren't welcome here, because you have the power to affect a whole community with your words, actions, and brickfilms.

I want to leave you with a scripture verse. I know not everyone is a Christian, but I am, so this is important to me to share.
Jesus said,

"for I was hungry and you gave Me food;
I was thirsty and you gave Me drink;
I was a stranger and you took Me in;
I was naked and you clothed Me;
I was sick and you visited Me;
I was in prison and you came to Me.’

“Then the righteous will answer Him, saying,
‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You,
or thirsty and give You drink?
When did we see You a stranger and take You in,
or naked and clothe You?
Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’

And the King will answer and say to them,
‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

(Mark 25:35-40)

That is the model for which I want to live my life. That's what I will continue to do on my YouTube channel and in real life. It's easy to live a comfortable life, ignoring the suffering around us and escaping into the internet, but that's not what I believe is my purpose. And I hope you too realize the power you have when you interact with others and with the brickfilms you create and through the interactions you have.

God bless you, I am praying for the community.

-rioforce

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Re: Bricks in Motion Staff Changes

i am sad to see this rioforce, but i understand.

ok

I'm glad this was resolved amicably, I love this community and don't want to see it splintered.

rioforce , you will always stand out as my favorite and most respected member of the staff.
very sad to see you go . mini/sad

I thank you for discussing and coming to an amicable agreement; truly.

Coming to an arrangement that we could all agree to was really important. Thank you.

Sad too see you go but I respect your decision.

I, too, am glad this is being resolved amicably. Running a community website is hard in a variety of ways, and often far more thankless than it should be. Thank you for all of your contributions to the site and best of luck with future endeavors.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

I want to thank you, rioforce, for not only your willingness to work things out, but also your extensive work here these past years. We will not take it for granted.

Yes, glad to have rioforce in the community. Great tutorials and films and everything.

KG wrote:

I'm glad this was resolved amicably, I love this community and don't want to see it splintered.

Don't want to see it splintered?  It's a little late for that.  The forces of anger and division have made it known what kind of place this will be from now on.  I'm unsurprised, because the finger-pointing legions demonstrated not an ounce shame for their behavior on this forum, nor do they see the three fingers pointing back at themselves.

https://vimeo.com/channels/holdingourown      http://holding-our-own.tumblr.com

"None practice tolerance less frequently than those who most loudly preach it."

Thank you rio for all the hard work and effort you have put into this website and community, it has not gone unnoticed. Thank you as well for listening to our concerns and taking this step. I wish you good luck in all your future endeavours.

God bless you rioforce. Wish you had stayed, but you made the absolutely best announcement considering the stupid circumstances. Thanks so much, and I’m excited to see what other great work you’ll do for this community, even now!

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

Thank you for your contributions to this site, rio. You've truly made Bricks in Motion a better place while in charge. You shall be greatly missed.

I haven't been around much the past year or so, and therefore I don't know specifically what's been going on; but seeking a stronger relationship with God is more important than anything in this life, and I applaud you for not only recognizing this truth on a personal level, but witnessing to it in a public forum of your peers! Courage!

When I did my first THAC several years back, you were one of the brickfilmers who stood out to me as setting the standard as far as the next level of animation excellence, but more importantly as someone who fostered the spirit of encouragement to all of the other animators. It was only fitting that you would go on to be a community leader in so many ways.

I pray that you leave your post with a full heart, whatever the circumstances may be, allowing someone new to grow into the shoes that you've worn these past years, and trusting that in your own maturity, the Holy Spirit is leading you into new roles that only God can see, when we humans can be so blind in faith, hope, and charity.

God bless, and Christus Vincit!
-ToF

https://bricksafe.com/files/thistof/hillbillyheist/TofAnimation.png

I'm so sorry this all had to happen rioforce. Thank you for all you've done for the BIM community, it will not be half as good without you as administrator.

While I'm kind of reviving a living horse at this point, here ya' go:

Even though you didn't handle all the chaos perfectly, you're still an awesome dude, and I respect you even more than I did before. I'm sad the circumstances were what they were, but I'm still hopeful for the future of the community.

Thank you.

Spoiler (click to read)

So when rio was young he tried to make a smaller community within BiM for peeps his age and Sméagol messed it up or something. Me, several months ago, not knowing this story, tried to make a smaller community within BiM for peeps my age and rio messed it up or something. So for the cycle to repeat, does that mean I should get rio's job now? mini/lol

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17

thistof wrote:

I haven't been around much the past year or so, and therefore I don't know specifically what's been going on; but seeking a stronger relationship with God is more important than anything in this life, and I applaud you for not only recognizing this truth on a personal level, but witnessing to it in a public forum of your peers! Courage!

When I did my first THAC several years back, you were one of the brickfilmers who stood out to me as setting the standard as far as the next level of animation excellence, but more importantly as someone who fostered the spirit of encouragement to all of the other animators. It was only fitting that you would go on to be a community leader in so many ways.

I pray that you leave your post with a full heart, whatever the circumstances may be, allowing someone new to grow into the shoes that you've worn these past years, and trusting that in your own maturity, the Holy Spirit is leading you into new roles that only God can see, when we humans can be so blind in faith, hope, and charity.

God bless, and Christus Vincit!
-ToF

Amen sir.

"Whatever that thing AquaMorph said about french kissing that's always in people's signature"
Married? Solder you balls now.

Thanks for all your contributions to the site over the years Rio mini/sunnies

When I joined you were a huge inspiration to me, and you still will be.
I know I haven't been a member of this (awesome) community for very long, but a lot has changed in the time I've been here. And you made most of those changes. From the website redesign, to becoming part of the LAN.
It is sad to see you step down from Admin, but I understand.
God bless Rio.

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb