Topic: Breakdown

Breakdown

Watch Now: YouTube
Released: August 23, 2016
Content Advisory: no violence, no language, no sexual content

A man's car broke down so he takes it to the shop where they make a new one for him.

Directory Link

Analyze, simplifize, emphasize, repeat

Re: Breakdown

It's good considering it seems like you'd started animating recently from your registration dates. I especially like the camera movement about 18 seconds in and the brick-built explosion at the end. The animation of multiple figures moving at once is pretty good and I like when the car parts lower down on ropes. My advice would be to animate on a desk with desk lamps and to secure your camera (or phone). That and covering windows will help stop the light from flickering and stopping camera shake will make people focus on what's going on in the scene more. There are tons of YouTube videos on Lego animation and The Lego Animation Book is great to get better at brickfilming. It's a good film, especially if you hadn't been animating long.

Helix Bricks Productions wrote:

It's good considering it seems like you'd started animating recently from your registration dates. I especially like the camera movement about 18 seconds in and the brick-built explosion at the end. The animation of multiple figures moving at once is pretty good and I like when the car parts lower down on ropes. My advice would be to animate on a desk with desk lamps and to secure your camera (or phone). That and covering windows will help stop the light from flickering and stopping camera shake will make people focus on what's going on in the scene more. There are tons of YouTube videos on Lego animation and The Lego Animation Book is great to get better at brickfilming. It's a good film, especially if you hadn't been animating long.

Thanks! I made this back in 2016 and at the time I had just started animating, Its been four years now I'm working on a really high-quality film right now that I'm excited to share once I finish.

Analyze, simplifize, emphasize, repeat

Yeah I realized it was from 2016 right after I commented but I decided to leave the comment up anyway. Can't wait to see the film your working on!