Topic: Jane and the Crown Jewel

Jane and the Crown Jewel

Watch Now: CLICK HERE
Released: May 7, 2021
Content Advisory: moderate violence, no language, no sexual content

Jane and Ford are back with the discovery of the lost crown of King Arthur Pendragon!

Directory Link

Last edited by Infinity Prime Studios (May 7, 2021 (12:57pm))

Re: Jane and the Crown Jewel

That was awesome! I've been follwing the production log for a while, and it's really cool to see the finished product. It came out longer than I expected as well. You nailed the style and cinematography, and the music was quite good as well. Some of the shots were absolutely beautiful, like the silhouetted one you teased in the production log.

The animation was quite good, though at times slightly choppy. I also think the storytelling could have been better at times. There were some moments that took me out of the film a bit. The shot at 1:40, for example, is beautifully framed and all of the shots leading up to it are amazing as well, but the animation was very bumpy. The "computer screen" shots (one of which is also around that time stamp) didn't quite work for me, as a means to tell a narrative.

That's not a knock on the story itself, btw, which I really liked. The reveal at the end was very nice. I think it's difficult to tell these things in images only without having to resort to plain old "text on the screen", especially in a no-dialogue film.

The audio could also have used a little more work, I think. There's no dialogue, so the music is the main focus of the film, and I really liked the music. But some of the sound design could have been better, I think. One thing to consider in the future is maybe adding some ambient background noise, or more subtle foley sounds. The footsteps at 3:45 for example sounded a bit too "loud", or at least not natural enough to me.

But honestly, those are minor points where I think you could still improve. Overall I think you did an amazing job and I absolutely loved it.

Re: Jane and the Crown Jewel

BertL wrote:

That was awesome! I've been follwing the production log for a while, and it's really cool to see the finished product. It came out longer than I expected as well. You nailed the style and cinematography, and the music was quite good as well. Some of the shots were absolutely beautiful, like the silhouetted one you teased in the production log.

The animation was quite good, though at times slightly choppy. I also think the storytelling could have been better at times. There were some moments that took me out of the film a bit. The shot at 1:40, for example, is beautifully framed and all of the shots leading up to it are amazing as well, but the animation was very bumpy. The "computer screen" shots (one of which is also around that time stamp) didn't quite work for me, as a means to tell a narrative.

That's not a knock on the story itself, btw, which I really liked. The reveal at the end was very nice. I think it's difficult to tell these things in images only without having to resort to plain old "text on the screen", especially in a no-dialogue film.

The audio could also have used a little more work, I think. There's no dialogue, so the music is the main focus of the film, and I really liked the music. But some of the sound design could have been better, I think. One thing to consider in the future is maybe adding some ambient background noise, or more subtle foley sounds. The footsteps at 3:45 for example sounded a bit too "loud", or at least not natural enough to me.

But honestly, those are minor points where I think you could still improve. Overall I think you did an amazing job and I absolutely loved it.

Thank you so much for the feedback!  I was on a bit of a deadline for this one as I was gonna hand it in as my final assignment for one of my classes. I'm with you on though on the length I thought it was gonna be maybe 5 minutes, but ended up being one of my longer ones.

A lot of what you said I do agree with. The shot at 1:40 I would just love to redo mostly because of the lighting doesn't match the previous shot as well. But the big one was the SFX because let me tell you, that was probably the most difficult time I had while editing. Had to get creative on some ends, but I definitely hear you on your notes. 

Perhaps next time I will add some voices, I just gotta search for someone to play Jane and that is a voice has got to be perfect mini/wink But I am glad you enjoyed it overall and thank you for taking the time to give me feedback!