Re: Scary signs

I did a project on Zombies this past year.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

Time to say the thread!

Outside a barber:
"Time to dye that hair!"
"Time to dye that hair!"

I know it's spelt "die" not "dye", but that's all I could do. Or....

Sign on front of a drinks place
"You can now get diet!" (<-- diet coke)
"You can now get die!t"

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/bluebrickstudios/Sigs/rs_sig.png

A few ideas, even though I'm late to the party!

Plumbing truck or store:
Bob's Drains n' more
B........rains n' more

Computer sign:
We sell Servers, Mother Boards, and drives
We ...... Se.ver...Mother

Sewing shop:
Pin n' Thread
Pin .....h.ead

Auto shop:
Joe's Body Repair and Parts
Joe's Body .........Parts

Baker:
Doughnut Center (the "u" in nut would need to have debris to make it look like and o)
Do.....not....enter

Bank:
Bank - Friends You Know and Trust
Ban.....F.iends........now......d...ust

Funeral Home:
Hurse to Eternal
Hur....t....Eternal

Travel Agency:
Great Travel
G.....rave

Store:
Super
Harry's
Dollar
Store
(Have the H fall and become "Hollar", have the Su fall (and the u rotate to make a c))
Scarry's
Hollar
Store

Hope this helps!

Good post, but you just bumped a 2 month old thread.

''You don't have to tell him how great is coffee is man!''

Yeah, I figured it was a bit stale.  Just running down the message board, being new and all.

yeah, but... next time please look when the last post was posted. 1 week = the maximum, I think...

Not to sound ugly, but actually, I did look, that's why I wrote that I was "late to the party".  And by your logic, that would mean that only 10 threads would remain "active" in Pre-Production.

In addition, I looked across the "rules" of the forum and nowhere did I see anything in regards to bumping old threads or time-critical responses.  And in looking across the threads on this forum, there are plenty instances of 1 month or greater time gaps, so I don't think that I'm conducting myself inappropriately, nor have I had any problems with other forums that conduct themselves in a similar manner.

If the forum is attempting to avoid bumping old threads (and I am in error), I'd recommend setting an archive based on time and automatically removing temptation from someone who wants to participate and altering the rules.

It's just something like brushing your teeth, you don't have to, but other people will find it better.

I'm gonna have to side with Doobage here. In my eyes/experience, bumping an old thread is only ugly if you have nothing of worth to post.
-Aaron

Bumping is only a problem when people post a one word response or just respond with an emoticon, Doobage new what he was doing.

I think it would be closer to a million years = dead thread.

Wow, those are great!

I see no problem with bumping an old thread if you're actually contributing something worthwhile, like Doobage has.

Thanks heaps man, those have given me some pretty neat ideas.

THAC XIV entry here: (Never) Meant To Be

Yeah, Doobage is correct here -- if you have something worthwhile to contribute rather than, say, "oh kewl a zombie movie," there's no problem with bumping.  I really wish people would stop scolding each other for it on such a regular basis. mini/sad

My favorite one there was:

Joe's Body Repair and Parts
Joe's Body .........Parts

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

mini/eek  that's the first time I've ever seen Smeagol use an emoticon in a LONG time!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/BGanimations/Signatures/final_400x100.png