Topic: On Barbecuing the Pagans

On Barbecuing the Pagans

Watch Now: YouTube
Released: February 19, 2021
Content Advisory: mild violence, moderate language, moderate sexual content

The Lord and Lady of the Black Falcons pay a visit to their neighbors who might be up to more than an average infidel burning.

Excited to release my first film in quite a while!  Let me know what you think.  Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Subtitles in English/Spanish are included as my voice-acting can be hard to understand.

Directory Link

Re: On Barbecuing the Pagans

I love this. It has a wonderful classic brickfilm style.
The interlacing of practical and LEGO sets is always fun to see, especially when it's well done like in the video. Using construction paper adds to the toyish vibe that LEGO already puts out.
The paper book animation was not something I was expecting but I loved to see it. It was really well done and takes upon that cinema style of portraying Middle Ages storytelling.
The mouth animation was another aspect I enjoyed. The cartoony look of the mouths are much nicer that the usual mouth movements seen in brickfilms.

Funny punchline and wonderful work!

Yes, it's homemade, fresh from the toaster oven.

This was great! Really funny and loved the set. Well done.

Mod edit: Please don't promote your stuff on other people's videos.

Last edited by rioforce (February 19, 2021 (07:25pm))

Blandeer wrote:

I love this. It has a wonderful classic brickfilm style.
The interlacing of practical and LEGO sets is always fun to see, especially when it's well done like in the video. Using construction paper adds to the toyish vibe that LEGO already puts out.
The paper book animation was not something I was expecting but I loved to see it. It was really well done and takes upon that cinema style of portraying Middle Ages storytelling.
The mouth animation was another aspect I enjoyed. The cartoony look of the mouths are much nicer that the usual mouth movements seen in brickfilms.

Funny punchline and wonderful work!

Thank you so much for the review!  Production was stretched out a bit so I lost all ability to tell whether things were really working or not haha.

BabooAdventures wrote:

This was great! Really funny and loved the set. Well done.

Thank you!  It was a mix of papermache mountains, clay and couscous mini/XD