Topic: advancing to animating on your computer from your phone

I currently animate using the stop motion studio app on my phone. I am looking to upgrade to working on my computer and I found out that there is a Stop Motion Studio App for MAC, but it's moderately rated. Has anyone used both who could give me an idea of how it compares computer vs mobile versions.
Alternatively any suggestions (I have read pinned post on this topic) would be helpful if you can give me some insight as to why you like that specific app/program.

One thing I would like to be able to do that I cannot currently is see the audio wave while animating. I am willing to pay for a reasonably priced one payment app, but anything very expensive or that requires a monthly payment to use is beyond what I am looking for at this time.

Thanks in advance for your insights!

P.s Any related info on this topic you think would be helpful is appreciated and will be looked at!

Re: advancing to animating on your computer from your phone

Well there's always DragonFrame, but that's super expensive, so only get it if you think you'll be using it for years. There's also a forum on here about BOATS animator if you want to check that out, and I think Boinx has a good $20 software, but I've never used it, so I don't know if it's any good. What's your plan camera-wise? Do you have a DSLR or webcam yet?

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17

Thank you, I'll check those programs out. I have a digital camera that may or may not still work, and a camcorder- between the two I figured I would be able to setup something to start filming on the computer. I would love a DSLR camera but this past year has been a tough one for being able to invest in equipment and cameras are one of the pricier components too.

My first real "upgrade" was getting a microphone instead of doing audio on my phone. I also got some EMART lights, so the next big thing would be a camera, but I figured the software should also be considered and/ or upgraded first.

Bros with da Legos wrote:

Well there's always DragonFrame, but that's super expensive, so only get it if you think you'll be using it for years. There's also a forum on here about BOATS animator if you want to check that out, and I think Boinx has a good $20 software, but I've never used it, so I don't know if it's any good. What's your plan camera-wise? Do you have a DSLR or webcam yet?

Legogiftotheworld wrote:

Thank you, I'll check those programs out. I have a digital camera that may or may not still work, and a camcorder- between the two I figured I would be able to setup something to start filming on the computer. I would love a DSLR camera but this past year has been a tough one for being able to invest in equipment and cameras are one of the pricier components too.

My first real "upgrade" was getting a microphone instead of doing audio on my phone. I also got some EMART lights, so the next big thing would be a camera, but I figured the software should also be considered and/ or upgraded first.

It might be a good idea to buy a webcam. Ideally an 1080p one with manual focus.

YouTube | Brick-a-Brack | Vimeo

2 Timothy 3:16-17