Topic: Scripped.com

Not really software and not hardware by any means, but more of an online tool, and a great one at that.

http://scripped.com/

Free online script writting tools. You can write in the proper format, save (online to your account or to your hard drive) and print right from the site. Give it a look see. I've been hooked ever since I found itl.

~WG

Re: Scripped.com

Word does the same stuff.

No kidding?!? mini/eek

This puts the scripts into industry standard format. If you hand someone a word document, they'll throw it right into the garbage because it's not in the standard format scripts should be in. This does that for you, so rather than using Word and formatting it yourself, this saves time and a headache.

Any other smart@$$ comments??

~WG

Oooh newbie calm down it is software?

I don't know if that was a statement or a question, so I'll respond to both.

It's not software, it's an online tool. And why it's better than word (IMO) is that it's on the internet. You can access your script from anywhere, meaning you can write, edit, anywhere. At school, at work, etc. So you don't need your script document with you or your jump drive with you at all times. You'd know this if you actually looked at the site however...

~WG

No I was saying don't get angry at people over software.

Who said I was angry? I was responding to your response in a way I saw fit.

And it's not softwa...nevermind.

~WG

White Guy on a Stick wrote:

No kidding?!? mini/eek

This puts the scripts into industry standard format. If you hand someone a word document, they'll throw it right into the garbage because it's not in the standard format scripts should be in. This does that for you, so rather than using Word and formatting it yourself, this saves time and a headache.

Any other smart@$$ comments??

~WG

Well, that's the last time I try to post something usefull to other people.

Keep using Word. mini/wink

Hakan is a newbie, keep posting useful stuff.

welp
Formerly LegoDudez

Hakan, in case you hadn't realised, WGOAS is a Brickfilming veteran who only just started visiting the new site. You have just made yourself look very silly.

And do you seriously think after 2 weeks here you are far enough beyond newbie status to use 'newbie' as an insult? A member was providing us with a link to some genuinely useful software, and I doubt you even bothered to look at it before assuming it was the same as Word and jumping down his throat.

Don't get too big for your boots, you will make 0 (count them) friends here.

Last edited by MB (July 13, 2009 (12:25pm))

Hey, thanks for this WGOAS.

FYI I did look at the website I and thought this will save you 10 minutes?
Wow! 10 Minutes of my life gone.

Hakan.

My level of respect for you is now negative.

hakan wrote:

FYI I did look at the website I and thought this will save you 10 minutes?
Wow! 10 Minutes of my life gone.

It would save a lot of time for those who write scripts regularly. I don't want this to turn into a flamewar, I'm just pointing out how you were in the wrong, and you should be less hot-headed in future.

Hey, no need for language, a good idea for now would be to either shut up, or be careful waht you say.
I like the idea here, it seems nice.

meme
http://i.imgur.com/gMfjgiC.jpg

Hakan, I think you're done now.

I learned screenplay format a while ago, it was tough do do in Word, and even Pages' template offered little help.  I'll be using this from now on.

"I am Kansas" -Smeagol
http://heythats.cool

Thanks, WGOAS. But you, Hakan, show some respect. Be nice.

-Donsalvatore

New film:
In Pre-Production...]

Yeah Hakan be careful what you say... This is very helpful.
I was going to use Stupid Word for Will and jack but this will save me like 5 hours.
Thanks

Last edited by Capedkid (July 13, 2009 (01:44pm))

mini/cat

I'm just curious about the difference between this and Celtx is. Other than the fact that this is web based.
Does it format the script any differently?