Topic: Thinking of getting back in the hobbie...

Sup guys? It's been a while.

I've been thinking of getting back into this hobbie as most of my Live Action films hardly ever get made anymore (in part due to my lazyness...). Anyways, I was thinking of starting Brickfilming....or whatever you guys call it now, again!

My question is, are there any new break through techniques/programs/etc that I should know about? I've been out of the game for a while now.

~WGOAS

Re: Thinking of getting back in the hobbie...

Uh, there's the QC9K camera that works better than the QC4K if you have the right settings.

Hey WGOAS!

I don't think there have been many major advancements in brickfilming in the last few years except for the upgrade from the QuickCam 4000 and the QuickCam 9000 (as Droid mentioned). It's not a completely necessary step up, but it is an HD webcam that has been known to give pretty great image quality.

Welcome back!

OH MY GOD IT'S WHITE GUY ON A STICK! Hey again mini/bigsmile

Thanks for the welcome backs! It's good to see familiar faces (well...screen names), here that still do this stuff. mini/smile

I just downloaded AnimatorDV Simple to get started again. My Canon ZR800 seems to be doing the trick (better than my old QC4k I used to have). My next step is probably to get some better lighting. I got rid of my lamp and stuff a long time ago. I've been wanting to build some real lamps for my live action stuff, so this might give me the excuse to finally do that. Infact, I need to go find my bricks still. I remember trying to get rid of them loooong ago, but I held onto them for some reason. Go figure.

~WG

mini/bigsmile:D It's great to see you back. I like when old dudes come back mini/bigsmile

AnimatorDV Simple Is what I've used when I last brickfilmed and it is very simple but very good also.

Cool! Another old guy is back! mini/bigsmile
Welcome back! mini/bigsmile

what could have been: jeffrey and the old man make some robots
                      art page -- tumblr --youtube
              bricksinmotion's #13th best curmudgeon

Hey man! Nice to see you again!

White Guy on a Stick wrote:

Infact, I need to go find my bricks still. I remember trying to get rid of them loooong ago, but I held onto them for some reason. Go figure.

Good man. You should never let go of your LEGO collection, unless you're facing some serious financial problems. Anyway, glad to see another of the oldies back.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...