Topic: (Casting Call) Block News

Hello fellow Brickfilmers,

I am making a community project. We already have some writers for it but no animators and we are still looking for soem voice actors. We have some but not enough. So here is the casting call:

Kent Blockman
Position: TAKEN
He's about 30, so his voice is sort of low
Test Line: Hello and welcome to Block News.

Phil Sdudsky
Position: OPEN
He's about 30, so his voice is a little higher than Kent Blockmans
Test Line: Back to you Kent.

And thats only some voices...

Last edited by Skeletonboy360 (July 9, 2009 (01:56pm))

SCRIPTING: 95% SETS BUILT 0%
ANIMATION: 0% VOICE ACTING: 15%

Re: (Casting Call) Block News

A description of the character's voice would be very useful. mini/wink

https://i.imgur.com/1JxY79v.png

Hi, I'm UCProductions, Head Writer for this project. Just adding other characters that need voicing to this list.

Irma Snoope
Position: TAKEN
She's around 20-25 years old, has quite a soft intellectual voice, but can be really sarcastic whenever she is.
Test Line: Have you any leads at all?

Reilly T. Hick
He's around 30, has a deep voice, and is not very intelligent, so will sound quite dopey.
Test Line: What? What did I do?

Weira Bunch-Amons
She's quite young, possibly 19-20, and has a soft nervous voice.
Test Line: B-buildings have been d-d-destroyed, lives have b-been lost...

Clark the Gun Clerk
He's around 50, but does not have a particularly light voice, and instead sounds more like a happily mad old man.
Test Line: I present to you! The BANANA!

MAN
He can be any age, but he is not that intellectual.
Test Line: Um... a banana?

Auditions can be sent to either me or skeletonboy360 via email. mini/smile

Last edited by UCProductions (July 22, 2009 (01:55am))

A good script is what truly brings things to life.
Twitter
Facebook
YouTube

I think i can do some of the Animation Work mini/smile
But i need to know a little bit about the progrect, Before i can start mini/tongue
Well, i will go look on the ''Community Thread'' before this...
Well, I can only animate a little bit (That means about 20 Second's) in these few weeks.
If you want to see how my animation actually goes' go, check the LINK mini/wink Right under her':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSVyZSgs … annel_page
Hope you'll like it! mini/bigsmile
-JackpodyDK

UCproductions, i have recently received your message on youtube, am i intended to be kent blockman? for that is the line i received on my email from skeletonboy. and by the way, i can do it, but i just want to let you know i am extremely busy with my scum of the earth production as you have made clear to me that you understand. due to my busyness i might not get the lines to you within the second day of receiving them (as is my attempt in all voice acting situations) with no furthur ado, i would be delighted to act in your brickfilm. and will try (to the best of my ability) to record the lines you bestow me asap!

-flip

I'd certainly like to have a go at Phil Sdudsky. I'll try and get the testline in within the next 24 hours.

EDIT: Figures, I'm having problems with Audacity....  got the computer fixed, and now it's giving me errors.... mini/madhead:(  I'll have the testline sent in as soon as possible.

EDIT: (7/21/09)  Good news, I think I worked out the problems with Audacity.  The testline has been sent to you by forum E-mail.  mini/smile

Last edited by DarthVincentPrice (July 20, 2009 (10:52pm))

"Heal the world.  Make it a better place...." -Michael Jackson
"I like to stroke them." -Hazzat
http://bit.ly/jzKLdD ←YouTube!
-Jedi Master, DarthVincentPrice, who's retired...again... from the animation. Voicing's still a go!

JackpodyDK wrote:

I think i can do some of the Animation Work mini/smile
But i need to know a little bit about the progrect, Before i can start mini/tongue
Well, i will go look on the ''Community Thread'' before this...
Well, I can only animate a little bit (That means about 20 Second's) in these few weeks.
If you want to see how my animation actually goes' go, check the LINK mini/wink Right under her':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSVyZSgs … annel_page
Hope you'll like it! mini/bigsmile
-JackpodyDK

Ok FLIPaBRIK.

I sent you that message on YouTube just because I wanted to alert you there was a profile of the character I made to give whoever voiced it a good knowledge of his backstory and persona. I understand you are incredibly busy with SotE, especially now the deadline is drawing in. When you have the time, I can hopefully send you the relevant profile and lines, and also when recording of voices is underway.

UCProductions

Twitter
Facebook
YouTube

Oops, wrong quote. Sorry Jack.,

Twitter
Facebook
YouTube