Topic: Hitfilm express image sequencer troubles

Hello again! I'll get right to it, when i import a sequence into HF it plays it back at very low frame rate and seems to skip frames. I change the project settings to be 15 fps before i import but nothing seems to change its speed. It also seems to be to far cropped in so i change the crop but i wont ever fit correctly. If it helps i use digicam control to capture images.

Re: Hitfilm express image sequencer troubles

I don’t use Hitfilm often and don’t ever use  video editors for image sequences, but I know that in other video editors there’s a setting to change default image lengths. If you’re frame rate is 15 FPS, you’ll want to change the setting to 1/15 of a second. Hope this helps.

1. In the project settings make sure your resolution is correct with your aspect ratio.
2. to reduce lag, well, hitfilm express same some playback lag with some videos, but there is videos on how to reduce lag and stuff on YouTube.
Oh and what are your computers specs?

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

I'm not sure about the crop, but I'm going to assume you're probably describing this only happening in the video preview window. Does this happen after you render? I don't have hitfilm express installed right now, so I can't check, but have you looked near the video preview window to see if there's a quality setting, maybe a percentage?

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce wrote:

ut I'm going to assume you're probably describing this only happening in the video preview window. Does this happen after you render? I don't have hitfilm express installed right now, so I can't check, but have you looked near the video preview window to see if there's a quality setting, maybe a percentage?

I solved the crop issue but the Slow frame rate is still troubling me

2x4 studios wrote:

1. In the project settings make sure your resolution is correct with your aspect ratio.
2. to reduce lag, well, hitfilm express same some playback lag with some videos, but there is videos on how to reduce lag and stuff on YouTube.

Ny pc is plenty powerful to run the program just doesn't seem to play at my desired frame rate

Jevy wrote:
2x4 studios wrote:

Ny pc is plenty powerful to run the program just doesn't seem to play at my desired frame rate

So what I do is I import the image sequence, and then export it to a folder with not edited stop motions, then I go back into hitfilm express, and I import that video instead of the image sequence. That's what I do if its laggy.
And can you also post a screenshot? Thanks!
Hope it helps!

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb

Perhaps this could be helpful.