Topic: Experiment 43

Directory Link

Experiment 43

Youtube
Newgrounds

This film is part of Brickfilm Day 2020.
It's also a sequel to Experiment 42, so I'd recommend watching that first.

Last edited by BrickTective Productions (March 12, 2020 (02:54pm))

Re: Experiment 43

Wonderful soundscape is built with the music actively working with the animation and story to enhance the emotion and suspense. Something that was also done in the last one, and is often trickier to do than most expect.
I also like how your continuing the series, you saw a chance to build on what you started and now we have all the open possibilities. It's not too often we see more serious original brickfilm series so this is refreshing to watch.

Yes, it's homemade, fresh from the toaster oven.

I like what you've done with lighting.  The light through the window is a nice touch, and the flashes really smooth out + highlight your transitions.

I had trouble understanding the human's voice, but the AI voice sounds great!  Was it computer-generated?

FYI, Your Newgrounds link is mixed up.  It says https∶∕∕www.newgrounds.com∕portal∕view∕749706, but sends you to http∶∕∕Newgrounds.

Great job! I've been looking forward to this sequel!

Very cool. This is building up to something. Can't wait to see the next part.

Blandeer wrote:

Wonderful soundscape is built with the music actively working with the animation and story to enhance the emotion and suspense. Something that was also done in the last one, and is often trickier to do than most expect.
I also like how your continuing the series, you saw a chance to build on what you started and now we have all the open possibilities. It's not too often we see more serious original brickfilm series so this is refreshing to watch.

Thanks!  When I made the first film, I wasn't planning to make a series but plans often change.  My original idea for the THAC entry didn't even have the twist.

geppy wrote:

I like what you've done with lighting.  The light through the window is a nice touch, and the flashes really smooth out + highlight your transitions.
I had trouble understanding the human's voice, but the AI voice sounds great!  Was it computer-generated?

Thanks!  The voice was computer-generated.  The human voice has been a problem for other people as well so I'll have to think of a solution.  I don't want to change it too much in the next film for the sake of consistency.

Brickman wrote:

Great job! I've been looking forward to this sequel!

Thanks, man!  That means a lot!  I hope the next and final film lives up to expectations.

Antonio Ferrara wrote:

Very cool. This is building up to something. Can't wait to see the next part.

Thanks!  This gives more motivation to make the finale as good as I can.

OneDouglas wrote:

The voice was computer-generated.

How'd you generate it?  It sounds much better than my screen reader voices.

OneDouglas wrote:

The human voice has been a problem for other people as well so I'll have to think of a solution.  I don't want to change it too much in the next film for the sake of consistency.

You could add subtitles, since you have the timing information for voice lines anyway.

geppy wrote:

How'd you generate it?  It sounds much better than my screen reader voices.

I used this website to create the voice.

geppy wrote:

You could add subtitles, since you have the timing information for voice lines anyway.

That's what I'll probably do.