Topic: The Regret

Directory Link

The Regret

Link 1

Made in 24 hours for THAC XVII

what

Re: The Regret

One thing I appreciate about this film is the emotional build up.
We don't have to be told a thing, but we can feel the emotions building until 1:04. That's an excellent example of showing, not telling. The really long shot as he turns and leaves was also a great choice.

I'm not sure what the boards over the windows mean at the very end, but until that moment, the storytelling is crystal clear and very well done.

The dialog feels natural and was well acted.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

One thing I appreciate about this film is the emotional build up.
We don't have to be told a thing, but we can feel the emotions building until 1:04. That's an excellent example of showing, not telling. The really long shot as he turns and leaves was also a great choice.

I'm not sure what the boards over the windows mean at the very end, but until that moment, the storytelling is crystal clear and very well done.

The dialog feels natural and was well acted.

I wanted to add more, but when I realized I had less than an hour left I put together what I had. I had to cut a lot of shots after also realizing that I passed the 15 seconds of no mod element. That last shot was accidentally added in, but one person commented saying that I could make a sequel. That long black screen at the end with the wind sound was also an accident, but it sort of works.

what

Gotcha!
The final !@#$ being an mistake makes sense, though the blank screen with the wind noise makes perfect sense, showing his loneliness and rejection.

To be honest, while expanding the film can work, it does a great job as is. Again, the focus is on the emotion, not intricate world building or complex back stories.
I think it works really well.

Thanks

what

i liked it. good job

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b
"There is no shame in not knowing; the shame lies in not finding out." Russian Proverb