Topic: The Wallet (THAC XVII)

Directory Link

The Wallet (THAC XVII)

YouTube

My first time finishing something in time for THAC.
I didn't want to not sleep, so there's hardly any sound, which I'm bad at anyway.

The first shot was actually filmed last. I thought I was done, then realized that it wasn't long enough!

This is probably one of the first films that I made that actually has a story to it. My other films just have a bunch of stuff happening.

Please tell me how I can improve!

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

Re: The Wallet (THAC XVII)

Congrats on finishing THAC!  As you pointed it would have been great if there had been more sound and also if the sound had been a bit louder.  This video has some great information on sound design.  Overall, you did a good job though.

OneDouglas wrote:

Congrats on finishing THAC!  As you pointed it would have been great if there had been more sound and also if the sound had been a bit louder.  This video has some great information on sound design.  Overall, you did a good job though.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

"I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us." - Romans 8:18

Aw! Such a wholesome film!

One thing I really like about this short is the cartoon-y style to the animation. Turning around at 0:22 has got to be my favorite moment. That style, though still a bit rough and in need of some smoothing, is delightfully unique and fun.

The shot at 0:15 with the unfolded wallet was another creative shot that looks nice.

As has been mentioned, the near lack of sound doesn't work well. Easing in and Out with the animation (Here's a tutorial) would be the other improvement I'd suggest.

Thanks for the feedback Pritchard!

I didn't even try to make it cartoony. I guess it sort of comes naturally for me. Although I'm happy it turned out that way. The popping up after the banana slip didn't turn out as well as I hoped though.

The unfolding wallet shot was hard to do. I don't have any "bigger Lego arms", which would've made it easier to animate for that shot (I have to get some of those).

I'm going to be putting more effort into sound in my next brickfilm, which I'll have a little more time with mini/lol