Topic: Mental Cuisine

Directory Link

Mental Cuisine

Youtube

Stuck in an endless routine, a popular chef must re-discover the joy in his work.
https://i.imgur.com/xUaUqiS.png

Last edited by BrickTective Productions (December 31, 2019 (06:08pm))

Re: Mental Cuisine

I liked all the genius little touches like at 0:31. It’s very effective. mini/eek

At 1:35 there seems to be a big transformation in the voice. Was that intentional?

I love the message behind this film; the need to continue being creative and growing. It's told well, with good visuals.
The split frame at 1:35 has the figures split down the middle, but it's a shame they don't match up very well. I think a better matching would make that shot look that much better.

Very well done! There's a feel to this film that I really like. The poem holds a lot of charm and the message is well communicated.

YouTube | Twitter | Brick à Brack | Discord @ Undershadow#9982
   -- If a frame were worth a dollar, I'd be a millionaire by now --

Robukka wrote:

I liked all the genius little touches like at 0:31. It’s very effective. mini/eek

Thanks!  I just tried to come up with a unique way for him to enter his mind.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

At 1:35 there seems to be a big transformation in the voice. Was that intentional?

It was not, though a more purposeful change in voice might have been a neat way to show his change in perspective.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

I love the message behind this film; the need to continue being creative and growing. It's told well, with good visuals.

Thanks!  I wanted the message to be clear without spelling it out too much.

Pritchard Studios wrote:

The split frame at 1:35 has the figures split down the middle, but it's a shame they don't match up very well. I think a better matching would make that shot look that much better.

Yeah.  I wasn't very happy with that either.  I assumed that since I took it from the same angle with the same lighting it would match up and didn't notice the problem until editing.  I'll need to do some research if I try that kind of shot again.
Maybe using my animation software's onion skinning between shots would help.

Undershadow wrote:

Very well done! There's a feel to this film that I really like. The poem holds a lot of charm and the message is well communicated.

Thanks!  I'm glad the message came across well.  One of the biggest worries I had with this film was that while the meaning of the poem was obvious to me since I wrote it, other people wouldn't get the point.

Thanks for the feedback everybody!  Especially the criticism, since that will help me improve.