Topic: Charlie Chaplin - The Eating Machine (Brickfilm)

Directory Link

Charlie Chaplin - The Eating Machine (Brickfilm)

Link 1

Just like the title says, it's just a recreated scene from the movie "Modern Times".

Any kind of feedback is welcomed!

Last edited by The Brick Director (October 21, 2019 (12:21am))

Re: Charlie Chaplin - The Eating Machine (Brickfilm)

The best kinds of recreations are the ones that drive people to look up the source material.
This is one of those. It's a testament to their humor that even through limited sound, switching to Lego, (and thereby losing all facial expressions and some detail in props) and being recreated over 80 years later, it still brings smiles!

I love just how well you recreated the set and props. Plus, the timing on the gags feels spot-on.
If I'd suggest one improvement, it would be to find a way to display more of the victim's anger/panic. While he does wiggle back and forth, some extra turning of the head, slight arm movement, or even changing of the head to a more appropriate expression would have been a cheery on the top of this otherwise delicious sundae.

Still, great job!

Re: Charlie Chaplin - The Eating Machine (Brickfilm)

Pritchard Studios wrote:

The best kinds of recreations are the ones that drive people to look up the source material.
This is one of those. It's a testament to their humor that even through limited sound, switching to Lego, (and thereby losing all facial expressions and some detail in props) and being recreated over 80 years later, it still brings smiles!

I love just how well you recreated the set and props. Plus, the timing on the gags feels spot-on.
If I'd suggest one improvement, it would be to find a way to display more of the victim's anger/panic. While he does wiggle back and forth, some extra turning of the head, slight arm movement, or even changing of the head to a more appropriate expression would have been a cheery on the top of this otherwise delicious sundae.

Still, great job!

Thank you for the reply! I am really glad to hear you enjoyed my animation! And yes, I understand what you are saying. I guess I did not had enough inspiration or creativity to have the characters to be more dynamic. I will keep that in mind! Thank you again!