Topic: A moment in life

Directory Link

A moment in life

you tube

This was a long time in the making and i know its far from perfect but all comments and critiques welcomed.

Re: A moment in life

Incredible film! The cinematography was splendid, as was the set design. Both felt like they had such element and depth, as though the city, and bus were other characters. The colour grade shift between a monotone palette to full colour when the bus door opens was wonderfully executed. As a viewer it was pleasing to the eye, as well as presented a clear understanding of what these two characters have between each other. Whether they know it or not.

The animation leaves some to be desired as it's not perfect, however a clear effort is shown. Such as when the driver and passengers are seen "bouncing" around with shots inside the bus. Or having citizens walking, riding bikes, cars moving - animating more than two or three things at once can be rather difficult at any level. With a steady camera, complimentary music, healthy lighting, and a strong set, it's easy to overlook the animation quality when everything else seems to be put together with such effort.
I like how you incorporated the little shots like the handing over of money, or the swapping of passengers to show time passing.

An excellent and classic tragedy. Fantastic job!

Yes, it's homemade, fresh from the toaster oven.

Blandeer wrote:

Incredible film! The cinematography was splendid, as was the set design. Both felt like they had such element and depth, as though the city, and bus were other characters. The colour grade shift between a monotone palette to full colour when the bus door opens was wonderfully executed. As a viewer it was pleasing to the eye, as well as presented a clear understanding of what these two characters have between each other. Whether they know it or not.

The animation leaves some to be desired as it's not perfect, however a clear effort is shown. Such as when the driver and passengers are seen "bouncing" around with shots inside the bus. Or having citizens walking, riding bikes, cars moving - animating more than two or three things at once can be rather difficult at any level. With a steady camera, complimentary music, healthy lighting, and a strong set, it's easy to overlook the animation quality when everything else seems to be put together with such effort.
I like how you incorporated the little shots like the handing over of money, or the swapping of passengers to show time passing.

An excellent and classic tragedy. Fantastic job!

i really appreciate your comments and i am so pleased that the points i was trying to make were coming across. i know my animation still needs some work and certain bits of equipment however i am trying to make the full package and you recognising it for what it is really means a lot.

once again thank you so much

First off which seems to be a trend on BIM lately why isn't this film getting more love?
I always enjoy a good brickfilm where there is no dialogue and the actions of the characters and the pace of the film drives the film. This film with it's beautiful sets, cinematography really drive this film.The music was spot on and it gets you emotionally involved in this film. From start to end you are locked in and I must admit I felt a tragic element coming but was still surprised when it did. I can't even begin to imagine how long this beauty took for you to animate and the time spent building these big sets. You have earned another youtube follower and I really hope to see more from you.
5/5 stars.

Antonio Ferrara wrote:

First off which seems to be a trend on BIM lately why isn't this film getting more love?
I always enjoy a good brickfilm where there is no dialogue and the actions of the characters and the pace of the film drives the film. This film with it's beautiful sets, cinematography really drive this film.The music was spot on and it gets you emotionally involved in this film. From start to end you are locked in and I must admit I felt a tragic element coming but was still surprised when it did. I can't even begin to imagine how long this beauty took for you to animate and the time spent building these big sets. You have earned another youtube follower and I really hope to see more from you.
5/5 stars.

i really appreciate your comments, this took so long to make and create, so when you write something as nice as that it makes it worthwhile, i'm so happy the elements come through in the storytelling. i just don't what to say only THANK YOU!

Truly fantastic. Love the visuals. Great job.