Topic: Whats up with the site?

Seems terrible slow lately and I'm getting MYSQL database errors.

Re: Whats up with the site?

yeah, same as me and darkman.

http://i.imgur.com/kmwjd.png
[10]]

Yeah,it's weird.
The site seems rather slow and it's starting to crash irregularly.

11:41 Hazzat NO FUN ALLOWED IN BRICKFILMING COMMUNITY

Was doing this for me. Until literally 10 minutes ago everything was ridiculously slow, but now the site is running as smooth as the bonnet of a porsche.

Incredibly slow yesterday, but today, running like a dream.

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
Darkness cannot be destroyed. It can only be channelled.

maggosh wrote:

Incredibly slow yesterday, but today, running like a dream.

This.

*Insert metaphor/simile about fast performance of site at current time*

It was slow before though. I sat for hours and nothing happened.

rstudios.co.uk - Brand New Website Up And Running!
Experiencing problems with Rstudios.co.uk? Tell me HERE.

This site really is very slow some times. Other times like now it's fine.

An error was encountered

Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'internal-db.s37798.gridserver.com' (4)

The error occurred on line 45 in /nfs/c01/h04/mnt/37798/domains/bricksinmotion.com/html/forums/include/dblayer/mysql.php

I got one of those a few minutes ago as well.

It's like watching the site falling into a black hole.

Sorry, I use had to use that. The site is running slow here, fast there, so, I'd like to know what's up as well.

"[It] was the theme song for the movie 2010 first contact." ~ A YouTuber on Also Sprach Zarathustra
CGI LEGO! Updated occasionally...

Unable to connect to MySQL server. MySQL reported: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

The error occurred on line 45 in /nfs/c01/h04/mnt/37798/domains/bricksinmotion.com/html/forums/include/dblayer/mysql.php

Going on my list of Problems.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fib12345/Lolz/lulz.png
"actuallly this involves spiderman too, not batman. but im also taking a new approach, more comedy, less action. i dont see to many movies like that with more comedy than action" --SteveStarfyTV on an Indiana Jones meets Star Wars idea.

This is probably a limitation with the hosting rather than a legitimate problem with the site -- Sloth and I were aware that this host isn't ideal for a heavily used MySQL database and switching to better hosting is something we want to do when BiM has the funds for it.  Right now, however, it looks like it'll probably be a while before we get a different web host, aside from the occasional slow day we haven't had major problems.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

Ya, yesterday on the Premiere it must have crashed about 10 times on me! It kept saying something like "Aw, Snap!"
I dunno whats up.:(

I'm doubtful the error message was "Aw, Snap!"

People with slow internet / connection problems were having a lot of issues, though that's not something that can be fixed on BricksinMotion's side.  There were also a few technical issues with videos showing up as private, though those were mostly resolvable by refreshing the page.

http://i.imgur.com/wcmcdmf.png

BrightShadow99 wrote:

It kept saying something like "Aw, Snap!"
I dunno whats up.:(

mini/lol

I bumped this thread because the site seems to be slowing down today. It took me several minutes to load The Coffee Shop, as opposed to the at most 10 seconds it used to take. Anybody else having issues?

EDIT: I counted, it took 182 seconds. I loaded Wikipedia in a separate tab, and it took less than a second, so it's not my computer.

Last edited by mcoov (January 21, 2010 (08:38pm))

This is odd

Mines working fine...?