Topic: SCP - The Janitor

Directory Link

SCP - The Janitor

YouTube

Based on this story: http://www.scp-wiki.net/site-30-s-janitor

mini/smile

Re: SCP - The Janitor

Definitely one of the best animations I've seen in a long time. It's up there with The Cleaners. The hallway shot at the beginning is doubtlessly among the best shots I've ever seen. Words simply cant describe it. Another thing that greatly impressed me was the walk cycle used when he entered the room. This is a film that delivers.

Impressive; as always!

The lighting in the first few shots is spectacular, making great use of LEDs and framing.
The animation is flawless, with an insane amount of detail. (The shot at 0:29 with him bobbing up and down in a different way to go along with the different footstep sound for that foot, the wonderful mopping shot of 1:18,  and the sliding out security thing at 0:40.) With that also comes some wonderful personality and charm, as the Janitor's frequent mustache sniff reveals his attitude toward everything that happens.

The story builds well and logically, each new development being given time to breathe on it's own before being built on to the final shot.

And, if nobody else mentions it, the sound design is spectacular.

Fantastic job!

This was superb - well done on creating the tense atmosphere and the subtle movements all adding to brilliant animation ie. even when the Haz-mat guy backs up against the wall - you feel anxious for him -  and the lighting of the corridor is great - I really enjoyed this - well done! mini/smile

DNAnimation

This was outstanding. The lighting, the music, the animation all came together to make a very tense atmosphere. Also the willingness to use huge sets! Very good work.

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed it.

mini/smile