Topic: Manual Settings?

I recently purchased a canon t6 along with the 18-55mm lens and the 75-300mm lens. I know that i'm supposed to use manual settings for brick filming but does anyone know where they should be set around or what i should use.

Re: Manual Settings?

Yes use a capture program like Dragonframe or the Canon EOS Utility. This will have you plug in your DSLR to a computer via USB and allow you to control the settings and capture images.

If you're asking what settings to use on your DSLR... it depends on the scene. Obviously always keep your camera in M mode when animating and make sure you ISO, shutter speed, aperture, white balance, etc. are all set to manual settings. But I can't tell you what settings to use because it'll be different for every shot you take, just like real photography. Play with it to find out.

But to elaborate on AquaMorph's answer, yes, you can control your camera with your computer using something like DragonFrame, AnimaShooter Pro, or even the simple Canon EOS Utility. DigiCamControl also allows you to control your camera from your PC, but it's not animation software, just frame capture software (though it does have some onion skin features I believe).

YouTubeWebsite
https://bricksafe.com/files/rioforce/internet-images/RioforceBiMSig.png
"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

Totaly agree with Rio the settings depend on your kind of shot. It takes a bit of time to learn what each setting does and how it affects the others but for the start I might have a few tips for you.

Start by setting the iso to the lowest number possible. High numbers will result in a noisier image.
Afterwards set your aperture. A large number means a lot of things are in focus a small number means your background will be out of focus. (I know not the best explanation but just try it out and you will see what I mean.)
The next step would be setting your shutterspeed. Use it to control the brightness of your shot. In most cases your legos won't move while you're taking the picture so it doesn't matter if your shutterspeed is even a few seconds long.
Last but not least set the white balance. It controls the color temperature of you shot. You can use that for artistic purposes as well (set the wb to a warm color to make a sunset atmosphere).

I hope this gives you some ideas. I won't go too much into detail here. You can find tutorials on each of these topics online for further explanation. Those are just some guidelines to start with. mini/wink